• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Happy Holidays to all my CGC friends and your families!

Here's a special piece of original art from my collection.

It was created by one of my favorite artists, Roland Butler, who also doubled as Press Agent for Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus and other circuses from the 1920s to 50's.

circus6.jpg

Happy Holidays to all my CGC friends and your families!

Here's a special piece of original art from my collection.

It was created by one of my favorite artists, Roland Butler, who also doubled as Press Agent for Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus and other circuses from the 1920s to 50's.

circus6.jpg

A Merry Christmas to you BZ!

Don't know if this was linked before on the boards but this industrial film is a great look at the editorial but mainly printing process in the 1940's. It's well worth watching all the way through. This should be of interest to this crowd -

Magazine Publishing: "Magazine Magic" circa 1945 Curtis Publishing

Marty's post in his thread about WPB L-215 about paper quota got me through a rabbit hole and I found this PDF of a pamphlet on how to organize your local Paper Trooper (intended to sound like Para Trooper) crew in order to collect waste paper for the war effort -

salv30-9.jpg

Paper Trooper Pamphlet from Oregon Archives

Here's the original link from the Oregon archives - http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/pages/exhibits/ww2/services/salvage.htm

Hey there.

It's been a while since I've posted, but I thought it might be fun to play one of my old "Identify the Comic" games.

First up is a golden age comic published during WWII.

Can you identify it?

I'll post additional clues if they are needed.

2016-1-1.jpg