• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Attention Tec guys/gals -Which one would you choose?

17 posts in this topic

Tec 33 in unrestored VG+ or Tec 29 in unrestored VG- ...and why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

The Tec 29 hands down John. Don't think too hard on that one. It's scarcer than the 33...although the first printed Origin of The Bat-man aint too shabby...

29, its harder to get, better cover and 3rd appearance, 2nd cover. Origins are over rated.

29 vs 31 same grade is the better comparrison. or 33 v 35 or 36 v 37if we really want to beat the pre Robin Horse to death.

See my avatar. wink.gif

If I could only own one pre-Robin Tec, it would be #33 with the origin of Batman and a pretty cool story (the Napoleonesque Dr. Carl Krueger and his Crimson Horde).

hello all...

I agree with NR...the first pre robin tec I searched for and bought, was the tec 33....that said, right now, a 29 in 3.5 would be as desirable, if not more desirable than a 33 in 4.5 to me, because of perceived ability to procure...the fact that Metro, for example, has 3 restored 33's and 1 unrestored (and clink has one restored), versus just 1 restored 29, leads "perception" that 29 is tougher to get right now (which, may or may not be true...heck, I had 3 restored 29's at one time last year, and passed on 2 unrestored ones, yet only ever have had 1 tec 33)....that said, once metro sells that 4.5 blue, then unrestored collectors of either have to wait for Metro to put up the new unrestored tec 29 Stephen mentioned yesterday (get in line behind ME, people 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)....so, it may end up that 29 is more "readily" available than the 33 in just a short period of time...

rick

I'd probably take the 33. My favorite tecs in order are probably 27, 31, 1, 38, 8, 33, 29.

29 and 33 are both very cool books, but I don't feel like I "have" to have either one. So I'd probably go with the book in slightly higher grade.

Tec 33 in unrestored VG+ or Tec 29 in unrestored VG- ...and why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

The Tec 29 hands down John. Don't think too hard on that one. It's scarcer than the 33...although the first printed Origin of The Bat-man aint too shabby...

Hey Ben, you're right on the mark. headbang.gif