• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geppis Museum - in what condition are the comics?

21 posts in this topic

I see geppismuseum.com has an ad on these boards, so I checked it out. Looks like I place I would visit if I am ever in Baltimore.

That one case (see attachment) holding an Action #1 a Batman #1 and a few others looks very impressive. headbang.gif

Does anyone know the general condition of the golden age comics in the museum? Are they all high grade? I wonder what the museum is insured for in total?

1702564-comicroom.jpg.b726b1e4136701a22a7812a2c469b9a3.jpg

I see geppismuseum.com has an ad on these boards, so I checked it out. Looks like I place I would visit if I am ever in Baltimore.

That one case (see attachment) holding an Action #1 a Batman #1 and a few others looks very impressive. headbang.gif

Does anyone know the general condition of the golden age comics in the museum? Are they all high grade? I wonder what the museum is insured for in total?

You looking to rob it?

You looking to rob it?

sign-funnypost.gif

I was under the impression that geppi's collection was pretty impressive and he was one of the big players as far as golden age/ducks go, and thus would expect his museum books to be rather nice, if not quite in the dentist's league.

The Dentist has the highest quality comicbook collection in the world. No one is even close.Its sort of like Secretariat up against alot of really good horses and still winning by 31 lengths.

With even greater depth of issues and grade than Geppi's? I sure wish he would share his collection with us on these boards.

You looking to rob it?

Of course it would be the pirate who immediately offers to go ransack the gov'ner's mansion... my advice: take the pirate, but make him leave the parrot at the motel...

You looking to rob it?

Of course it would be the pirate who immediately offers to go ransack the gov'ner's mansion... my advice: take the pirate, but make him leave the parrot at the motel...

You should re-read the post gossip.gifscrewy.gif

You know your way around here pretty well 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Think "Liam Hails" - that should take you back a bit 27_laughing.gif Oops, wrong thread, that's the "History of the Board" thread... yay.gif I got about $40 on Ebay for that Trivia Winner Free Submission form I posted there.

That was an informative link above though, no? I'm not always a *spoon*.

The main appeal IMO of the Geppi Museum is it may be the only multi-million dollar "Mega-collector" collection on public display. You hear about Jon Berk's and Dr. Dave Anderson's collections constantly.....I'm sure they are absolutely unbelievable.......sadly there is no venue to see and enjoy them. The Geppi Museum shows you what one dedicated collector is capable of, and it is mind boggling.....the experience goes far beyond condition or any single key book or books.

I am not talking about quantity. I am talking about quality.

I would agree with you here as Dave certainly does have the nicest quality when it comes to the GA keys.

Geppi's collection, on the other hand most definitely have the widest and deepest breath as it ranges from complete runs of comics, to runs of BLB's, movie posters, original art, etc., etc.

To go into the Diamond vault is very similar to that last scene in the first Indiana Jones movie. hail.gif