• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for the Marvel Variant People

15 posts in this topic

The Sunburst ones are easy, they are definitely variants. I would say the easiest way to check is to look at the Marvel Variants list on the Registry. In fact, that is what I will do and PM you.

Short answer: yes

Longer answer: any 30 cent issue from April-August 1976 except Inhumans #5 and Ka-Zar #6

Easiest way to tell! As Jeff says - if the cover date is April-August 1976, the book has a cover price of 30 cents, and is not Inhumans 5 or Kazar 16, then it is a variant, and YOU WIN! headbang.gif

I love this topic-thanks for the information, guys.

Because of the way that I hunt, (I travel a couple of times a year to out of the way shops and old school haunts) I have the ability to scour long boxes that don't normally get much notice. There's no true rare finds, but a lot of people don't follow the Marvel price variants.

Outside of my normal collecting, I want to start looking for these books.

Easiest way to tell! As Jeff says - if the cover date is April-August 1976, the book has a cover price of 30 cents, and is not Inhumans 5 or Kazar 16, then it is a variant, and YOU WIN! headbang.gif

It's also fair to say that you can just look it up in Overstreet because Overstreet is correct, no?

Do like me, Dan, Paul, Darth, and Lighthouse and several other -- just memorize what they look like. You learn this by digging thru thousands of longboxes of crappy bronze age books in warehouses and at cons. I can spot the cover of one of the variants without looking at the date or issue.