• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm considering a book w/ light tan to off white pages...

12 posts in this topic

...in a CGC Universal older label. It's a very cool book and cover is a decent mid-grade. My question is, how are Light Tan to Off White pages viewed, generally speaking? Do they cause you to look past a book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I typically go as low as cream...but, on a rare or really cool book, light tan to off white is ok with me

rick

exactly; avoid if you can, but sometimes you just gotta go there. my mm 9 is just such a page quality book. when the book is staying in the slab, it seems even less an issue.

I typically go as low as cream...but, on a rare or really cool book, light tan to off white is ok with me

rick

exactly; avoid if you can, but sometimes you just gotta go there. my mm 9 is just such a page quality book. when the book is staying in the slab, it seems even less an issue.

however, knowing the book the Diz is going after (rare applies), I say a big YES

rick

I collect [cream/off white] and bettor.Dont ever go below that.

Not thats theres anything wrong with that..........

I feel the same- and I collect mostly low grade books to boot. I'm still a relatively young guy, and I'd like my comics to survive as long as I do. angel.gif

having said that, it's not the kiss of death that 'brittle' is.

...in a CGC Universal older label. It's a very cool book and cover is a decent mid-grade. My question is, how are Light Tan to Off White pages viewed, generally speaking? Do they cause you to look past a book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hew Diz---CGC was tougher on PG Q. in their early years, so any re-subs might fetch better pg quality....with GA, sometimes you can't be too picky, but, of course, cream to ow is usually the minimal...light tan to ow aint that bad though---my Marvel 5 is light tan to ow and I am not going to cry about that thumbsup2.gif