• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like a small So. Cal one in Yorba Linda, CA.

40 posts in this topic

Terry O'Neill is putting on the California Comic Convention on Sunday, 22 April 2007 from 9:30am to 4:30pm at the Yorba Linda Community Center, 4501 Casa Loma Ave. Yorba Linda.

Guests so far:

Bill Morrison from Bongo Comics

Russ Heath (silver age artist) for Marvel and DC comics, including Sea Devils, and G.I. Combat among many others.

I hope that show succeeds. I know that Terry is very focused on making it all about the comics and not so much about the other media that pervade the bigger conventions. Terry is an old school dealer too, which means that he's probably making a big push to get dealers there who have solid back issue stock. I think So Cal Comics is going there, and they have gotten some amazing stuff in the door over the last year and a half. I wish I could attend that show.

I saw the dealer list at Terry's booth @Wizard LA. So Cal Comics will be there, Harley took a big booth. As I recall, there were more maybe 20 or so dealer. Including some individuals who they said will be bringing their collections.

Wish I could go. I have a camp-out with my son.

I couldn't make it to WWLA last weekend as I was camping with my kids, so I'm looking forward to this one. Hope it gets enough people through the door to make it an annual event. I just saw an ad for it on craigslist as well - so hopefully the word will get out....

gossip.gif Just got Terry's new catalog today in the mail - it says that if you get his catalog and have a customer ID, the admission is free. You don't get a raffle ticket though.....and $5 probably won't kill you....but just in case someone out there is really cheap!

I liked how SoCal Comics worked a mention of the show into the Scoop piece on the SoCal/Esquire Batman 1-100 run. People want the show to succeed.

And just to put a plug in here for the show & SoCal Comics...........

SoCal Comics will be bringing the remaining Batman's (including the # 1), the Hollywood Hills Collection (CGC graded 9.4's-9.6's, 90% have white pages) and boxes of GA-BA books simply priced at $5.00 each.

An impressive wall of books and boxes of cheap books.....whats not to like about that! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

yay.gif

I don't remember seeing 9.4/9.6's from the hollywood hills collection on the boards 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Hollywood Hills Collection weren't offered up here on the boards. They are, however, a very nice SA collection of books that range from 9.4-9.6, most with white pages. There were also a few 9.8's too.

flowerred.gif

does anyone know what titles were in the hollywood hills collection? any detective?

They are all Marvel titles: Avengers, X-men, Spider-man, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, ect. I think they date from around 1965-1967 for the most part.