• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like a small So. Cal one in Yorba Linda, CA.

40 posts in this topic

"ANNIE" .....as sung by Sanjaya 070408_sanjaya_vmed_5p.widec.jpg

"The sun'll come out

Tomorrow

Bet your bottom dollar

That tomorrow

There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about

Tomorrow

Clears away the cobwebs,

And the sorrow

'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day

That's gray,

And lonely,

I just stick out my chin

And Grin,

And Say,

Oh!

The sun'll come out

Tomorrow

So ya gotta hang on

'Til tomorrow

Come what may

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!

I love ya Tomorrow!

You're always

A day

A way!"

yay.gifOne more day!!! yay.gif

I went today and had a great time. Looked like turn out was pretty good for a new show. Some quality gold and silver books were offered. I think there were about 15 or so dealers. My sense was that the people who attended were into comics and came ready to buy. I know I did and was not disappointed. Also met a few forumites. Nice change of pace from San Diego. Hope this becomes an annual event.

Dealers were great, but the attendance was so small that I doubt they will put it on again. Dealers weren't "making table" and seem kind of bummed out that they were not more people there. When I arrived at the show the doors had not opened yet, but there were only 7 people in line!

I got some great books from AZ Howard, a couple from Terry (who put on the show) and cleaned up on the "$3 book guy" who was blowing out silver/bronze books at 3 bucks a pop. You really had to wade through his stuff to finf the HG stuff or the key titles, but a Defenders #1 in NM- for $3? An Iron Fist 14 in fine for "three small?" Great! I ended up buying almost a hundred books from him, mostly high grade giants of one size or another.

My favorite books though were a run of Dell's "Frogmem" in VF and an obscure Charlton/King book in NM called "Tim Tyler's Luck." A real oddball comic - I can't even find it in Overstreet or the GC Database!

Regardless, I had a great time, was very happy with my purchases, but don't think the dealers will show up next time.

Good job, though, Terry!

and an obscure Charlton/King book in NM called "Tim Tyler's Luck." A real oddball comic - I can't even find it in Overstreet or the GC Database!

gossip.gif Comics Reading Libraries. P. 311 OPG.

Thanks for the report and looking forward to hearing from others. Really sorry to hear that attendance was so low. Guys like Terry and Steve Wyatt are so well-connected in the dealer community that they can attract an awful lot of dealer support. Steve's first Golden Gate show had tons of dealers and few customers.

Marc

i wanted to go. i figured there wouldn't be a lot of people, so i'd find a lot of good books, but coachella is next week, and my money is already going towards that. didn't help that i had to work today as well.

Just got back & the show was very sucessful for us. confused-smiley-013.gif We sold the Batman # 1 ($10,000.00) and around a thousand in $5.00 dollar books. We won three of the lottery prizes (I won the Scooby-Do sketch) & I found a Rex the Wonder Dog # 1 at Harley Yee's booth, a VG- for $260.00, so I am yay.gif

Lots of Golden Age: SACentaur picked up a sweet Jumbo Comics # 12, There was one dealer who had a VF+ Captain America Comics #1 universal label Windy City copy & a Marvel Comics # 1. Terry's Comics had a new collection which included around 7 nice Phantom Lady's.

Jamie spoke to many of the dealers there and word from most was that they would like to do the show again. thumbsup2.gif

Long day, we met at 5:15am this morning, so I am off to cloud9.gif

flowerred.gifhi.gif

Jamie spoke to many of the dealers there and word from most was that they would like to do the show again.

That's good to hear - it looked like it was going to be at least a decent show. I showed up and made the "mistake" of bringing my 3 year old - who was just tired and hungry enough that all he talked about was when he was going home. At least he was excited when I got him some cheap Disney comics and he got a Donald Duck comic read to him tonight before bed. Anyway, I was only able to stay 30 minutes or so, so hopefully there will be another show and I'll leave the kids at home next time!

Thanks to FUELMAN's table I picked this (my first) up for $5. I enjoyed the show and picked up some really nice finds, too bad it didn't have a better turn out, but I thought it looked like it was going well. Was nice meeting a couple forum members including Cal (told him where to pick up two more nice IMSM #1 at a table he said he missed), and heard about the over 1,000 copies he now has 893whatthe.gif, that's just insane.gif

1764149-GSSM4.jpg

1764149-GSSM4.jpg.0117a6bdf0e66e018ac860ad3a5c6fb3.jpg

Jamie spoke to many of the dealers there and word from most was that they would like to do the show again.

Really good to hear.

Thanks for taking the time to check in tonight. Everyone wants the show to succeed.

Sorry I missed it - but it was a little far to travel and I'm not spending much these days. Sounds like limited attendance doesn't matter if those who show up are ready to spend money.

I went to the Shrine show last fall for the first time in 10 years in order to pick something up from Terry, and while I got there around 2 in the afternoon, the place was nearly deserted, and outside of Terry's booth - there wasn't much Golden Age to look at, heck there weren't that many comics of any age to look through - so I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.