• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 - NEW SCANS!!!

107 posts in this topic

Wow, that first one has ZERO feedback, I think I'll bid now...

I had lunch with a guy today who way back when as a zero feedback seller sold a legit 9.6 raw Incredible Hulk 181. confused-smiley-013.gif

gossip.gif Go figure . . . confused-smiley-013.gif . . . wink.gif

I could go along with a 5.5 because the rest of the book looks fantastic.. The only thing I might be leary about is the bottom of the back cover looks like it was a moisture stain running along the entire edge confused-smiley-013.gif but could be the scanner creating the illusion

It looks more like a light oxidation shadow. A water stain wouldn't be that straight or that uniform. A light oxidation shadow shouldn't even affect the grade of the book in that range. I am thinking 5.0 to 5.5, with 5.0 being more likely simply because the crease is so large. I would not argue too much with 5.5 though, because the rest of the book is beautiful.

In person, it looks like an oxidation shadow to me also. Sounds like the correct term. I wasn't sure what to call it at first.

thumbsup2.gif

What does a 5.0 go for these days ?

gossip.gif It's not about the money . . .

Hey Thanks Zappa, you're smarmy smart azz answer makes me have to actually bother to get off my azz and find the true answer to my simple question....ROCK ON !!!

gossip.gif It's not about the money . . .

Hey Thanks Zappa, you're smarmy smart azz answer makes me have to actually bother to get off my azz and find the true answer to my simple question....ROCK ON !!!

893blahblah.gif ROCK ON? Ajax? Your parents named you after a toilet cleaner? confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW . . . I'm taking my grade up to a 5.5 sumo.gif

893naughty-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

If this was a copy of Sgt Fury #4 with a VERY long crease, chip and stain you'd be saying 4.0/4.5 at best.

893naughty-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

Didn't your Fury #4 grade a 5.5? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . I get it now. foreheadslap.gif

poke2.gif

I'm going with the 5.0 crowd. The single large light crease has an obvious effect, but by itself isn't enough to knock the book out of the F/F+ range. However, the Marvel prechipping along both the right and top edges coupled with the strip of tanning, minor spine wear, and slight ruffling of the back cover at the bottom edge make it no better than a 5.0, in my opinion. With that being said, what great colors and registration, an awesome book to own!

Also, I'm a little worried about the safety of this post, being as it is directly under Franks', uh, posterior...

If this was a copy of Sgt Fury #4 with a VERY long crease, chip and stain you'd be saying 4.0/4.5 at best.

893naughty-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

Didn't your Fury #4 grade a 5.5? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . I get it now. foreheadslap.gif

poke2.gif

Are you referring to the Sgt Fury 3 CGC 5.0 I recently sold in the marketplace?

The corners may not have been as sharp, but it didn't have any 7 inch creases. tongue.gifpoke2.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

poke2.gif

Are you referring to the Sgt Fury 3 CGC 5.0 I recently sold in the marketplace?

The corners may not have been as sharp, but it didn't have any 7 inch creases. tongue.gifpoke2.gif

Yep . . . smile.gif

I guess i have to go the unenviable route of going with the 4.5 crowd..........

i agree that this book is getting a nice bump from most folks due to the fact that's it's an AF #15 and that it QUITE presentable.

but the huge visible crease, lot's of Marvel pre-chipping, the missing chunk, and that "residue" stain (tape), would probably take the real, final grade down below a 5.0.

having said that, i can't imagine anyone not wanting to own that book.... cloud9.gif....it makes a beautiful first impression thumbsup2.gif

I guess i have to go the unenviable route of going with the 4.5 crowd..........

i agree that this book is getting a nice bump from most folks due to the fact that's it's an AF #15 and that it QUITE presentable.

but the huge visible crease, lot's of Marvel pre-chipping, the missing chunk, and that "residue" stain (tape), would probably take the real, final grade down below a 5.0.

having said that, i can't imagine anyone not wanting to own that book.... cloud9.gif....it makes a beautiful first impression thumbsup2.gif

My opinion exactly. 893applaud-thumb.gif Doesn't mean if he were to sell, that he can't ask a 5.0 price. Buy the book, not the grade. cool.gif

Methinks you are going to eat those words . . .

NEWS FLASH 8-30-07 CGC HAS SPOKEN!!!

AF_15_Front.jpg

AF_15_Back150_.jpg

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Latest News from CGC on my Amazing Fantasy 15:

BLUE LABEL Unrestored 5.0 Yowwww!

:banana:

I am soooo relieved about the top edge. It is very clean and I was not sure myself whether it was trimmed or not.

For the record, here are the winning PGM'ers who projected 5.0 or above way back in March!

Divad

PointFive

uclapeterg

Dark Knight

Comic_lot

Fandango

piper

50 Cent#11

Comicdey

Qualitycomix

Cryptkeeper59

joeypost