• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie to this site. Is this a decent collection so far?

79 posts in this topic

captainflightfront.jpg

captainflightlabel.jpg

I just can't seem to get good scans of slabbed comics. Even using a digital camera does not work too well. Any suggestions out there?

isthistomorrowfront.jpg

wildwestweekly1front.jpg

I am unsure if this Wild West Weekly is legit or not. It is in like near mint condition. #1 from way back. I have more research to do on it. Perhaps a reprint from the 40's or 50's. Still checking.

I located another seller of comics on Ebay (I sell sometimes under the name conditionfreak, in my town and I invited him over to view my collection and he didn't respond. I would love for someone to visit and see my collection. I never get to show it off to anyone. No Golden Age collectors in this town, and no any age collectors either. I do not worry about theft as I am a retired Cleveland Cop , home all day and presently raise and train personal protection dogs. Any of ya'll in my neck of the woods, stop by. Hillsboro, Ohio, about 45 miles east of Cincinnati.

Too be honest, I love owning them but not being able to share them takes a lot of the fun out of it. That is why I am here on this site. I have so many books and stuff. I just recently sold an Amazing Fantasy #15 on Ebay, which I sent to PGX and it came back "trimmed" on the top and right edges, a 4.0, so I sold it. I do not like owning restored books. I also sold a Kid Colt #1 on Ebay, which was restored. I got taken when I bought both of those years ago, I guess. I know that it is not a comic book, but I also sold the original 2 volume set of "Uncle Tom's Cabin, from 1852, recently on Ebay. It was one of the first 15 thousand sets printed and possibly the best conditioned two book set in the world. I hated to sell it but I had a huge tax bill from Uncle Sam and I couldn't bear to part with my comic books. I also sold my 56' Dodge Coronet, only 40 thousand miles, all original, to pay that damn tax man (it was only a six cylinder, but everything was original and nice). I put it in the front yard and the first car that drove by on my out of the way road, stopped and bought it right then and there. I think I asked too little for it but I was in a rush as the tax bill was coming due. Oh well, at least I still have my babies (comics:)

Here's another of my babies. For some reason, I have always had a thing for yellow covers smile.gif

slambang1front.jpg

We're glad to see you posting scans of your books and look forward to more.

Don't feel pressed to post them all right away. It sounds like there are lots of threads you can contribute to so spread your posts over time. Just a thought.

I will scan some Gerber white spaces and put them on here, when I get time. Darn dial up internet is just too slow.

The message boards here are so scan heavy I'd think you'd go crazy with the dialup. Please get yourself some DSL or cable modem. For an extra $20 a month you'll be much happier, especially since you are able to be online a lot.

Great books btw.

Marc

Cable and DSL is not available in my area. The only thing available is by satellite and it costs 500 to install and then a hundred a month. I'll wait.

Good idea about taking my time and posting on other threads.

Thanks all. Like the rest of you, I am drooling over the collection BangZoom has discussed and posted pics.