• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there one book.....

35 posts in this topic

Mine would be:

Human Fly #1 (1st comic I bought as a kid, which I've mentioned before)

Y: The Last Man #1 SS by BKV and Guerra with the ampersand sketch

Mouse Guard 1 thru 6 (timeless little story I will pass down to my children)

X-men #58 (Beat up, but my girlfriend bought it for me)

These I will keep, everything else will be sold off in the future.

I would never sell this book...

Picked it up seven years ago, in a random collection that walked through the door at the shop. I decided after seeing it that it would be cool to collect "catfight" covers in early Romance books. Four years later that collection was still just one book, and an hour-long discussion with Michelle Nolan convinced me that the collection was likely to stay at one. It's the only known "catfight" cover from the time period.

I have said before that if I found a better copy I would part with this one. But that probably isn't true any more. I parted with both my copies of the 62/63 Rudolph Annual back in 2003, and I have regretted that decision since. If I find a second copy of Romantic Hearts 9, I'll be owning two...

1711800-BVC062.jpg

1711800-BVC062.jpg.904d0b4cd4940777656f0cc1797874fd.jpg

There are three books that fit that description for me and all three were bought by me as a kid in around 92-93

X-Men 67 loved the cover, didnt know that it was a reprint until much later. I always thought it was the first app of Juggy insane.gif

Avengers 93- Nuff' said!

Fantastic Four 91- The Ever Lovin Thing yay.gif

Justice League of America #110, my first comic.

It was purchased by my aunt on the way back from a summer at her house.

It is all taped up (thanks to my older brother's efforts to "improve" this - and other - books in my collection foreheadslap.gif), and I still read it once a year or so.

I keep debating whether to get a better copy or not. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My answer has changed a bit since the last time we had this thread.

If I could pick only one comic from my collection it would probably be my Detective #109 (for now).

820010246o.jpg

Although, I would choose my Black Panther #7 cover over it if we include original art.

Well, I have 2 things I don't think I'd ever sell.

Daredevil 1 GD: I owned a Daredevil 1 and sold it as a kid. I just got it back recently and don't think I'd ever part with it.

Spider-Man 11x17 Sketch by Ron Garney: My first 'con sketch and honestly every one after has been a disappointment. (Except my Ken Lashley Flash. He was a great guy and actually hung out with some of us at a 'con.) Ron was a really nice guy, and watching him draw that Spidey was an AMAZING experience. I think I love that more than any single comic in my collection. He actually brought his own 11x17 bristol and sketched on that. I chuckle every time I see the "DC" logo above my Spider-Man. I love that DC board went to drawing Marvel sketches. (I'm a zombie.)

My Xmen 12.

It is my birthday book ( July 1965, Issue number 12 which is my birthday so that is cool ), and has the first appearance of one of my fave villains Juggernaut.

I have a solid 7.0 that I will never sell.

Artboy99

I only started collecting about four years ago and was clueless about the hobby and was buying VG+ or Fine SA Marvels off e-bay until a couple of very nice board members helped me out with some important information.

The book I would have a very hard time parting with would be Showcase # 45 and it was my first HG purchase. It's only about a 7.5/8.0 and I love the cover and after learning more about the hobby, Russ Heath turned out to be one of my favorite artists. cloud9.gif

Picture195.jpg

BTW Filter81. I always enjoy seeing your books and those Marvel Mystery Books with the Sub-Mariner kicking some serious German azz on the deck of a U-boat are spectacular. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif