• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicholas Cage Pedigree

182 posts in this topic

Ok then, why don't you PM me and tell me who you are and I'll email you to confirm. If you're not hammer, I'll come back here and apologize for the accusation for all the world to see! Not only that, if true, I'll make a small donation to the charity of your choice in your name.

Didn't think so... makepoint.gif

What is that milehigh.com notation doing in CGC slabs??? Are they selling advertising space???

Is it true that all you need to do, is to submit 1000 books and you get your own notation? I guess biggest comic dealers submit thousands of books per year. Are we going to see more of these in the future?

"From the metropoliscomics.com collection"

"From the ideal collectibles collection"

etc, etc

What is that milehigh.com notation doing in CGC slabs??? Are they selling advertising space???

Is it true that all you need to do, is to submit 1000 books and you get your own notation? I guess biggest comic dealers submit thousands of books per year. Are we going to see more of these in the future?

"From the metropoliscomics.com collection"

"From the ideal collectibles collection"

etc, etc

I anxiously await............. "From the Harry Ballz collection" cloud9.gif

Aren't all the Dallas Stephens books also noted with milehigh.com? Like I said, I have no problem with the Cage notations, but the DS notations are a little bogus. I believe someone was paraphrasing Steve something to the effect of "If you want to send in 1,000 books we'll put your name on the label too!" Who knows what the future holds for these types of notes, but once the label notations went from strictly grade/PQ to the established pedigrees, to the less established pedigress, to "Stan Lee", "Nic Cage", "DS", etc.,. it becomes a judgement call as to what the cutpoint is to get your name on the label. And since it's their label, it's CGC's judgement!

Aren't all the Dallas Stephens books also noted with milehigh.com? Like I said, I have no problem with the Cage notations, but the DS notations are a little bogus. I believe someone was paraphrasing Steve something to the effect of "If you want to send in 1,000 books we'll put your name on the label too!" Who knows what the future holds for these types of notes, but once the label notations went from strictly grade/PQ to the established pedigrees, to the less established pedigress, to "Stan Lee", "Nic Cage", "DS", etc.,. it becomes a judgement call as to what the cutpoint is to get your name on the label. And since it's their label, it's CGC's judgement!

The slippery slope.......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ive got over 1000 books...

I'll send em all in and call em the Ares Pedigree

Doc has a way of attracting the more sensitive types on these boards doesn't he! First he continually assualts and insults the beloved ComicInvestor/JoeCollector to the extent that he has left us permanently on several occassions. And now Mr.Nice? Why don't you just pick on Sandy Claws next time - or the Easter Bunny? Mr.Nice is far too articulate to be any of those other people anyway. We all know any of those unnameables would be threatening to gut you and your dog by now, challenging you to a greased up pose down, bench press contest, or other such manly activity by now. And back to the point of this topic, Mr.Nice is exactly right. The Nic cage collection was clever marketing by Heritage and cgc to take in suckers from all angles. A fake or contrived pedigree or collection or whatever other euphemism you want to apply. Just like that Stan Lee pitiful [!@#%^&^]. Wow just the thought that I might have the chance to touch a comic book that Nic cage once touched. Reminds me of that SNL skit where the guy grabs his nipples and squeals " I am as happy as a little girl!" That is the kind of [!@#%^&^] that makes most people look at comic book collectors like I like at those Star Trek nuts all dressed up and speaking Klingon or whatever. Live long and prosper.

the beloved ComicInvestor/JoeCollector....And now Mr.Nice?

lol! These characters attract their own band of "admirers", I'm just a card-carrying member of the party! 27_laughing.gif

No, others have greater sleuthing techniques than myself, and I've been PM'ed with more suspicions than I've revealed...including at least one other Hammer suspect that posted on this thread! 893whatthe.gif

Mr.Nice is far too articulate to be any of those other people anyway.

MrNice's contrived eloquence is one of meth/hammer/blackschotzky/otis/???'s trademarks, so that was an easy pick (even without the extensive SHOUTING)...

its okay, POV only one mistake in an endless boring diatribe like that? well done sir, well done!

POV's diatribes are anything but boring...Pov has among the most unique , informative and imaginative "diatribes" in forum history... tongue.gif

Well that is certainly appreciated! And pah humbug to the naysayer! Pah and humbug!

Further, if they can verify a pedigree they endeavor to do so if the book is submitted under a pedigreed provenance.

CGC has identified pedigree books (and labelled them as such) without the submitter knowing (or providing documentation for) ahead of time that the book was from a pedigree collection.

Well, I certainly would put that in the plus column. I think the thing about Pedigrees vs "from the collection of" is that Pedigrees had been long established before CGC entered the scene. And the fact CGC does seek to verify a pedigree, even if not submitted as same, is laudable.

However, "from the collection of"? Truth be told while that may have been an appelation before CGC it certainly was rarely used. I DO recall books ocassionally being described as coming from Bob O's collection, etc. - but that was pretty unusual back then and mainly used, as I recall, in articles/editorials etc. as opposed to being a selling point.

Unfortunately, the little extra bit of prose CGC sometimes adds to their labeks ARE being seen by some as a selling point. And it can impact the market. And impacting the market is something CGC says they do not want to do. So why?

Mr.Nice is far too articulate to be any of those other people anyway.

Mr. Nice gave himself away within a couple of posts (he leaves a linguistic footprint that is crystal clear). But as with Shotzy, we're all supposed to be pretending he's not Hammer, so cut it out, all of you -- and you know who you are! If he wants to lie about his identity, then by golly, that's his right.

During his "I'm not comic keys" stages, he tends to keep control of his temper, post more thoughtfully, and even cuts back on the misogyny! This is the golden time, people, so let's keep all this "I know who you are" talk to a minimum.

-- Joanna

??????

linguistic footprint?

gave himself away?

cut back on the misogyny?

I did all that in my posts?????

Joanna, please! Are you always so vigilante for misogynists?

Aren't you the one that posts the 25,000 word synopses of WonderWoman stories?

Very curious about your personal infatuation with WonderWoman. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'm sure that as a literary hound, you must be aware of the wealth of articles and theories written on the blatant connection of WonderWoman and lesbianism, both the comics and the show with Linda Carter (who to this day still has a huge lesbian organization fanbase) playing the part.

Doc, Please! Why must you embarrass the both of us with idle banter of your patented, meaningless apologies, donations to charities, emails, PMs, and the rest of your proposed cloak and dagger, totally uncalled for, histrionics .

Here's my donation of self-enlightenment to you.....

This would be the most productive $9.99 you've ever spent:

web page

Doc, Please! Why must you 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Just as I figured...you didn't PM me. The only person you're fooling is yourself hammer. But then again, that's not too tough! 27_laughing.gif

Just as I figured...you didn't PM me. The only person you're fooling is yourself hammer. But then again, that's not too tough! 27_laughing.gif

But Mr. Nice can't be Hammer!!!...We all saw Hammer die two Months when the villain known as Black Shotzy fired his morgnifying ray at him thereby disintegrating him into ions across the galaxy, saving the entire forum from certain doom....No one could have survived a blast of that magnitude...No one!!!...Unlesss,...unless....Hammer and Black Shotzy were......Oh My Lord No!!!,...It couldn't be,...it's too horrible to even consider....... blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

J.D.

But Mr. Nice can't be Hammer!!!...We all saw Hammer die two Months when the villain known as Black Shotzy fired his morgnifying ray at him thereby disintegrating him into ions across the galaxy, saving the entire forum from certain doom....No one could have survived a blast of that magnitude...No one!!!...Unlesss,...unless....Hammer and Black Shotzy were......Oh My Lord No!!!,...It couldn't be,...it's too horrible to even consider....... blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

J.D.

No one ever dies forlong in the comic world!!!

Except Bucky!!

Bucky will allways be dead!