• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicholas Cage Pedigree

182 posts in this topic

Alas, Judge Banner and his cronies in the Kangaroo court is in full session!

They're trying to CRAFT and SHAPE evidence around a case they DON'T have. In any other court but this Kangaroo loaded one, a judge would throw it and ALL of you out of his Courtroom! Buena Suerte! (Good Luck!)

Jeez Hammer,..... why does Joanna get to be the Lesbian?...I like Wonder Woman too!!....make me a lesbian ......I'd be a great Lesbian,.....I've watched a lot of movies on it and think I'd make a killer lesbian........... Cmon bud,..make me a Lesbian too!!!!

Relax people, I'll handle this........Abacadabra >>poof<<.........ok......you're now a lesbian. blush.gif

Jeez Hammer,..... why does Joanna get to be the Lesbian?...I like Wonder Woman too!!....make me a lesbian ......I'd be a great Lesbian,.....I've watched a lot of movies on it and think I'd make a killer lesbian........... Cmon bud,..make me a Lesbian too!!!!

Relax people, I'll handle this........Abacadabra >>poof<<.........ok......you're now a lesbian. blush.gif

Isn't it "AbRacadabra"? I think JD is in trouble...... 893whatthe.gif

Umm Bug,...this ain't whatI had in mind,...I was thinking more of a Jenna Jameson type,...help me out here...

RENO.gif

How did I know someone would try to point that out? confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually......it isn't.......any fan of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons will remember that the more powerful word is actually "Abacadabra". 893naughty-thumb.gif

Other powerful words to come out of that fine cartoon masterpiece are "Hocus Pocus"......"HocusCadabra".......and "AbacaPocus". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How did I know someone would try to point that out? confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually......it isn't.......any fan of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons will remember that the more powerful word is actually "Abacadabra". 893naughty-thumb.gif

Other powerful words to come out of that fine cartoon masterpiece are "Hocus Pocus"......"HocusCadabra".......and "AbacaPocus". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, it's ABBAcadabra - at least in Sweden smile.gif

Phew! Now I have to put this all in a spell checker.

Nice job but you still missed " 10 or 20 years form now?" tongue.gif

Darth: That's IT ? That's all ya got? How 'bout "wow, a lot of other non-Hammers on this board seem to have their own experiences and opinions re: CGC's less-than-stellar track record...maybe it's not *just* the conspiracy theorists after all."

You set out your argument, blast the "opposition" with rhetoric, and then diskapear yerself? Man, I thought you'd be stepping up to the plate to acknowledge a reasoned, objective, and apparently widely-held perception of the great CGC... ??

You took my statement out of context and forgot "usually". Those you "usually" see ranting and raving about CGC's positions on not revealing the secret formula to their grading or about "perceived" leniency in grading given to big names or big accounts do so without conclusive evidence. I can assure you I have no such agenda at hand. I benefit none from speaking out for what I believe about CGC's ethics and the way they conduct their business. They have my full trust and the day something happens to compromise that is the day I stop submitting my books for grading. All accusations I've seen so far have been mere speculation.

Fair enough - if they have your *full trust* then all I can say is, you're a very trusting fellow. MOST of your trust I could see... but ALL of it? You've not seen a single questionable grade, or inconsistency in policy, throughout your dealings with CGC? You've not heard one "horror story" in which you place any credence?

I often speak out against CGC's practices, but I don't wish CGC any ill will. What I wish is that CGC would constructively apply at least some of the criticism leveled against it, to improve its services.

What if the criticism does not meet with what CGC thinks is best for successfully running its business or does not provide any useful change to its grading standards. ON the other hand, how do you know they do not take some of these rants at face value and improve their services? Just because they don't take your suggestions is no reason to take personal affront and make it an issue with CGC.

And I can honestly say CGC is a boon to the comic collecting community. Without them, we all still be at the mercy of unscrupulous rip-offs using the 3 grade system and forcing us to accept restored books with detached covers and loose rusty staple as NM... 27_laughing.gif

Hey, nobody's forcing you to do anything, far as I can tell... I've been collecting for 30 years, and there have always been, and always will be, unscrupulous types in the business, CGC notwithstanding.

Please understand, there are more than two positions on the subject of CGC - and to lump all those of us who don't kowtow to CGC and its fans in the same camp with the Hammers and Shotzys of the world is unfair. I realize that CGC has helped eliminate some of the fraud and deception that occurs in our industry; I just wish they'd tighten up a few of the key areas of their business to the point where they could be looked to as truly authoritative; anything less is nearly as bad as the "anything goes" scenario that preceded CGC.

Phew! Now I have to put this all in a spell checker.

Nice job but you still missed " 10 or 20 years form now?" tongue.gif

Darth: That's IT ? That's all ya got?

I liked and respected what povertyrow had to say, though I still hold to my opinion that USUALLY those who speak out against CGC have an agenda. There were several of you on the board with legit reasons for questioning CGC including yourself and some even wrote up well thought out lists. I still see many of it is due to skepticism and an underlying fear that CGC is not all on the up and up. Or if they remain quiet on an issue, it automatically translates into an admisson of guilt. I still have to just agree to disagree as it is not my personal stance, but I did not feel the need to answer pov's well written post. Otherwise perfect but for the typo, which I wanted to comment on but that is a running gag between he and I regarding typo and grammar police...

Now. your posts on the other hand. 893frustrated.gif

How 'bout "wow, a lot of other non-Hammers on this board seem to have their own experiences and opinions re: CGC's less-than-stellar track record...maybe it's not *just* the conspiracy theorists after all."

You seem to take this conspiracy theorist stuff to heart. You've got personal experiences you want to harp on, then go for it. I'm countering with my stellar experiences with CGC each and every time I've submitted with them. You are free to make observations, but I'm reading ( and not from you) a lot of ragging on CGC based on unfounded and unproven assumptions which in my opinion stems from either being disappointed with CGC on a grade or what they think should qualify for NM and how suspected resto like that should never have gotten past CGC... 893blahblah.gif Thank you for your counter-experiences. Until I get "screwed" over by CGC, I won't know how you feel. However, I can tell you loads of times I've been screwed over by dealers with undergraded [!@#%^&^].

You set out your argument, blast the "opposition" with rhetoric, and then diskapear yerself? Man, I thought you'd be stepping up to the plate to acknowledge a reasoned, objective, and apparently widely-held perception of the great CGC... ??

Man, I work hard all day and visit the boards occasionally on break. Then I get home at night and my new child, my wife and her honey-do list that she has had all day to compile becomes my priority. I get on the boards now and have less than ampletime to take care of ebay stuff that I won/sold and I end up reading this... 893blahblah.gif

I disappeared since I had nothing to contribute to the "MrNice=hammer?" thread. I thought pov's statement spoke well for itself. Does that make me a believer in the CGC is out to get us all or bring me over to the "CGC is so bad for the hobby" camp? No way. As with all businesses, there will always be concern as to what they are doing, how they conduct business and how they serve the community. But casting aspersions on their business ethics and moral character will not speed up the relaese of their grading standards or get answers any faster from the CGC execs. Sometimes, I wonder if the CGC detractors win out and CGC folds, what happens to the hobby? Great we have CGG , CGXYZ to fall bck on now...until the "conspiracy theorists" move on and decide to tear them down as well.... tongue.gif

my argument still stands as my opinon of the situation. A few well placed posts by yourself, povertyrow and others, will not sway me. And the shot at hammer...what does that really have to do with anything...he has made some legit contributions IMO to comic related topics when he's not threatening to tear you a new one. I use that particular info on how to open a CGC slab without detection quite a lot wink.gif

Hey, nobody's forcing you to do anything, far as I can tell... I've been collecting for 30 years, and there have always been, and always will be, unscrupulous types in the business, CGC notwithstanding.

Please understand, there are more than two positions on the subject of CGC - and to lump all those of us who don't kowtow to CGC and its fans in the same camp with the Hammers and Shotzys of the world is unfair. I realize that CGC has helped eliminate some of the fraud and deception that occurs in our industry; I just wish they'd tighten up a few of the key areas of their business to the point where they could be looked to as truly authoritative; anything less is nearly as bad as the "anything goes" scenario that preceded CGC.

Point taken. I didn't mean to lump everyone in that category. I just find the vehement naysayers to be a bit off in their claims and all of their gripes can be explained away...

As for tightening up...sure, all businesses could use improvement, and No one is perfect. To me, what they've done to help eliminate the fraud has won my ENTIRE trust. It's all about FAITH and loyalty. I have strong convictions especially about people's characters. I have known some CGC employees before they worked there and I also have met with their reps at cons and have had engaged them in long conversations. It wasn't shpiel. It was honest-to-goodness talk about comics and the hobby and they answered my initial skepticsm in a way that has led me to continue to do business with them.