• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I the only person who doesn't like the art on Daredevil

17 posts in this topic

I have to say that I think Maleev's gritty 'noir' style fits Daredevil perfectly.

I have never though of Daredevil as the classic superhero type, and it is great to see an artist draw the character as befits the mood and type of stories.

I picked up an issuse and had a quick flip through it and really did not like the look of it at all. I also noticed that it was like #49.....can someone tell me if there is something big planned for #50 and if so what it is supposed to be.

I picked up an issuse and had a quick flip through it and really did not like the look of it at all. I also noticed that it was like #49.....can someone tell me if there is something big planned for #50 and if so what it is supposed to be.

I suspect someone is going to die. What a surprise for an "anniversary issue." tongue.gif

I have to say that I think Maleev's gritty 'noir' style fits Daredevil perfectly.

I have never though of Daredevil as the classic superhero type, and it is great to see an artist draw the character as befits the mood and type of stories.

I agree with that. And i will add that i don't like Mack on DD. So the issue #50 will be the last for me...

I agree with that. And i will add that i don't like Mack on DD. So the issue #50 will be the last for me...

And for many soon.

I heard they are rebooting it......AGAIN

And for many soon.

I heard they are rebooting it......AGAIN

Benis and the artist are coming back you know after the Mack run, and the revamping rumor was a crock, tottaly untrue! DareDevil will get it's 500th issue just like FF, AMAZING, and Avengers once it gets to it.

Just my two cents.

Quesada´s art I do not like very much because it is so exchangeable, it has nothing that makes it stand out. I like the new "fauves": the Mangaesque style from Kaare Andrews and Skottie Young, the pretty style from Josh Middleton.

Maleev is a great artist, but maybe not so nice of a person from what I hear. Frank Cho´s art is great too by the way. It is not a certain style I like but just the quality...and I think there is plenty in Maleev´s art.

Mack I used to like too, but lost interest in it after a while. I wish Maleev would stay with DD forever.

Quesada´s art I do not like very much because it is so exchangeable, it has nothing that makes it stand out. I like the new "fauves": the Mangaesque style from Kaare Andrews and Skottie Young, the pretty style from Josh Middleton.

Maleev is a great artist, but maybe not so nice of a person from what I hear. Frank Cho´s art is great too by the way. It is not a certain style I like but just the quality...and I think there is plenty in Maleev´s art.

Mack I used to like too, but lost interest in it after a while. I wish Maleev would stay with DD forever.

Do you know of any online interviews or stories on Maleev? I know nothing about him, and yet I love his art.