• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 21 San Francisco copy

39 posts in this topic

Purchased a nice collection recently from a collector that had a number of pedigree books. The collection had 2 San Francisco copies. One was an All Flash 12 which had the G on the front but no Reilly stamp on the back. The other book was a Batman 21 which had a label on the mylar that indicated that it was the San Fran copy. However the book did not have the G on the front nor the Reilly stamp on the back.

Has anyone ever come a across a San Fran Bat 21? There was one in the collection. I had the #19 a number of years ago that had the stamp on the back (if memory serves).

S

BAT1.6392a.jpg

I can check my list, I know there was a short run of Batmans in that number range.

The Reilly stamp is only on pre mid-1943 books.

Also the SF copy of All-Flash #10 is the Photo Journal copy. You can see the "g" code and date on Flash's cheek. It also has 2 Reilly stamps on the back cover.

West

I can check my list, I know there was a short run of Batmans in that number range.

Also the SF copy of All-Flash #10 is the Photo Journal copy. You can see the "g" code and date on Flash's cheek. It also has 2 Reilly stamps on the back cover.

West

I saw a list that stated that there was a Batman 1-25. Don't know if that is accurate.

S

West

I saw a list that stated that there was a Batman 1-25. Don't know if that is accurate.

S

No, not that list. That list is suspect.

West

West

S

West

West,

Have you seen SF Bats in the #20's? Had the #19 and currently have the SF #8 & #15. If the #19 exists, it is likely that the #21 exists.

S

West

S

West

West,

Have you seen SF Bats in the #20's? Had the #19 and currently have the SF #8 & #15. If the #19 exists, it is likely that the #21 exists.

S

A friend of mine has many in the teens. I saw the #19 a while back. I have never seen a SF in the 20's in person but when I get home I will check my list.

West

West

S

West

West,

S

Steve,

Here's what I had on my SF list.

Batman 13

Batman 14

Batman 15 CGC 9.0

Batman 16

Batman 17

Batman 19

Batman 22 CGC 9.6

Batman 27 CGC 9.4

If anyone else has any San Fransiscos they would like to add to my list please let me know. It can be any title or publisher. Thanks!

West

What a ridiculously beautiful book!

Would you grade that a 9.4?

Fixed that for you.

Based on the front cover I don't see why it couldn't be a 9.6 (maybe, maybe not). It's a huge scan don't forget - those small flaws will be exaggerated.

Fixed that for you.

Based on the front cover I don't see why it couldn't be a 9.6 (maybe, maybe not). It's a huge scan don't forget - those small flaws will be exaggerated.

Who really cares if it is a San Fran book, its amazing, just awsome, what color and condition. I call it a 9.2, although I am pretty strict. My guess it would look better than most 9.4 graded, but the spine crease with out color break mid way down the spine would take any non GA book out of the 9.4 range, in fact if modern it would be a 9.0. I feel GA should and does get a bump, so even though I see it as a 9.2, a case could be made for 9.4 or 9.6. JMHO!

Fixed that for you.

Who really cares if it is a San Fran book, its amazing, just awsome, what color and condition. I call it a 9.2, although I am pretty strict. My guess it would look better than most 9.4 graded, but the spine crease with out color break mid way down the spine would take any non GA book out of the 9.4 range, in fact if modern it would be a 9.0. I feel GA should and does get a bump, so even though I see it as a 9.2, a case could be made for 9.4 or 9.6. JMHO!

You know, this is a beautiful copy. Great condition, etc. One problem though......

What a Terrible Cover! They are hopping around on horses, smiling! Terrible.

The first twenty covers are all pretty cool and then you get to this. Youch!

It is where my Batman run stops.

Okay, I'm done.....back to the debate.

Fixed that for you.

You know, this is a beautiful copy. Great condition, etc. One problem though......

What are you talking about? This is THE classic Batman/horse batle cover.

S

Fixed that for you.

Please Rich, while this cover is quite lame, there are other covers far worse (Batman 22, Dancing Alfred cover, only thing missing is Robin stuffing a dollar in his pants blush.gif).

Fixed that for you.

What are you talking about? This is THE classic Batman/horse batle cover.

S

Doesn't Overstreet have this noted as "classic equestrian cover"?.