• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, need to add paper_only to the do not buy from list. Paid for two books from his Strange Tales sale thread. After I paid, seller said he couldn't find one of the two books.

After that, nothing. No books. No emails. Does not respond to emails or PMs. No refund of money.

Do not buy from paper_only, he appears to be a crook and should not be allowed to sell on the boards.

hm

There was some controversy regarding paper_only and potentially trimmed books a little while back.

Was that the Fantastic Four Silver Age thread?

Has it been 30 days or more since you purchased these books?

Yes, it had been 30 days. After almost 3 weeks of no responses from seller, I felt I had no other choice, than to post here.

I'm glad to report that seller has refunded my full purchase amount.

I'll retract my probabtion post and harsh words. Seller just appears to be careless and does not follow up on communication (I know he read my PMs).

Yes, it had been 30 days. After almost 3 weeks of no responses from seller, I felt I had no other choice, than to post here.

I'll retract my probabtion post and harsh words. Seller just appears to be careless and does not follow up on communication (I know he read my PMs).

He also probably reads this thread. lol

Unfortunately, need to add paper_only to the do not buy from list. Paid for two books from his Strange Tales sale thread. After I paid, seller said he couldn't find one of the two books.

After that, nothing. No books. No emails. Does not respond to emails or PMs. No refund of money.

Do not buy from paper_only, he appears to be a crook and should not be allowed to sell on the boards.

hm

There was some controversy regarding paper_only and potentially trimmed books a little while back.

Was that the Fantastic Four Silver Age thread?

(thumbs u

There's a whole thread about it in the general section.

I'm sure he does now. He said another board member alerted him to my posts. Whatever the case, the CGC boards do a good job of policing themselves! :grin:

I'm sure he does now. He said another board member alerted him to my posts. Whatever the case, the CGC boards do a good job of policing themselves! :grin:

For a second there I thought your post count was 36,119... :o

Edited by trmoore54

uh oh, can't wait til i start to get painted w/ the "paper" is crook brush

uh oh, can't wait til i start to get painted w/ the "paper" is crook brush

I was gonna ask are you related?? :baiting:

Bought a book (PLANET #52) from BATMANFAN, paid for it 4th Jan. Got a message back saying it would be shipped on the 5th Jan.

Nothing so far and the last message I sent last week asking about it has been unread by him.

Bought a book (PLANET #52) from BATMANFAN, paid for it 4th Jan. Got a message back saying it would be shipped on the 5th Jan.

Nothing so far and the last message I sent last week asking about it has been unread by him.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3737872#Post3737872

Try here for some information. (thumbs u

I eventually was paid for my book but not without a ton of effort and support from various members. Didn't appreciate that PM's were read and ignored as I was left in limbo for weeks at a time. Funds were sent but I was shorted $40 which I'm still waiting for. :sumo:

This guy was a complete flustercuck. The tell tell signs where there from day one so I'm glad I avoided him.
I actually made an offer in his thread on a book. He completely ignored me so, I withdrew my reasonable offer.

:news:This is not the probation discussion thread. :news:

:bump: Feb/3/10 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump:

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

•  
  • Herald2Galactus
    (Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

• gilbertotorres
    (added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• ComicSupply
    (added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• CAP freak
    (added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• AlleyBat aka BucOne aka WolfHulk aka Roxx Gang aka MarkWeb aka lastyle7
    (added 5/23/08 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member) and (added 3/24/09 - 7th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TFL
    (added 6/2/09 - 6th "Hall of Shame" Member)

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete

a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

• aaron568 (added 11/6/08)

• bkwon12 (added 10/08/09)

• brasseye (added 7/2/09)

• bronzejunkie (added 3/26/07)

• Chrissr (added 12/22/09)

• clobberintime (added 11/7/07)

• comicmankev (added 3/27/07)

• DarkKnight2K4 (added 4/24/08)

• donavan74 (added 3/27/07)

• erbdom (added 12/08/09)

• Ghastly (added by majority vote 12/3/07)

• Henchman (added 4/25/08)

• HGComics (added 10/7/09)

• Jmarch51 (added 2/14/08)

• Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)

• Marc Wolfe (added 9/15/08)

• matewan1990 (added 3/3/08)

• mjacobs8 (added 1/24/09)

• Nascar (added 6/2/07)

• NEXTLVL (added 10/12/08)

• rza808 (added 12/29/08)

• Sid (added 8/8/07)

• SilverSlinky (added 11/20/09)

• SIXX_VAN_ROSE (added 11/7/08)

• SpiderJay300 (added 9/15/07)

• Superman20 (added 12/18/07)

• Taz007 (added 7/15/09)

• THATONEGUY (added 1/11/08)

• TVanderZwaag (added 6/23/09)

Can I nominate him for the probation list then?

I think you should, see here:

Where oh where

and then here:

Batmanfan is an a-hole

Would appear that you could.

I got the book I bought in a timely manner. I did have it CGC'd as someone had suggested it might have restoration, and it was OK.

I didn't post anything publically BECAUSE I had asked to speak with him when I bought the book and he had Gus call me instead. When I asked for his name/phone number, he reluctantly gave me his cell phone...after a few emails. Never got his name, so I was not 100 percent gung ho about recommending him.

I was just not terribly comfortable with the masking...However, except for that, I had no problems with my transaction, and Gus was very nice on the phone ...he even offered to ship me a Sensation 31 I was interested in on approval, but I declined.

I have a feeling that Gus is the one to contact, not Tom.

I'm sorry both of you have been going through this stuff. Andrew, since I'm in NY, if you want me to, I'll call Gus for you, just PM me.

It's possible, it's just bad communication...after all, he was a brand new poster when he started the threads...might not check on PMs.

I'd also start a Paypal/credit card dispute if you can, that might wake someone up.

:bump: Feb/3/10 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump:

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

•  
  • Herald2Galactus
    (Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

• gilbertotorres
    (added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• ComicSupply
    (added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• CAP freak
    (added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• AlleyBat aka BucOne aka WolfHulk aka Roxx Gang aka MarkWeb aka lastyle7
    (added 5/23/08 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member) and (added 3/24/09 - 7th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TFL
    (added 6/2/09 - 6th "Hall of Shame" Member)

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete

a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

• aaron568 (added 11/6/08)

• bkwon12 (added 10/08/09)

• brasseye (added 7/2/09)

• bronzejunkie (added 3/26/07)

• Chrissr (added 12/22/09)

• clobberintime (added 11/7/07)

• comicmankev (added 3/27/07)

• DarkKnight2K4 (added 4/24/08)

• donavan74 (added 3/27/07)

• erbdom (added 12/08/09)

• Ghastly (added by majority vote 12/3/07)

• Henchman (added 4/25/08)

• HGComics (added 10/7/09)

• Jmarch51 (added 2/14/08)

• Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)

• Marc Wolfe (added 9/15/08)

• matewan1990 (added 3/3/08)

• mjacobs8 (added 1/24/09)

• Nascar (added 6/2/07)

• NEXTLVL (added 10/12/08)

• rza808 (added 12/29/08)

• Sid (added 8/8/07)

• SilverSlinky (added 11/20/09)