• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone

I was added to the probation list after an altercation with Pirate about two years ago, and since then I have tried very hard to be more professional on the boards, and at the same time, amend my situation with Anthony. Over the last couple of months, I have sent him several PM's offering to purchase the books from our deal that I had backed out on, and he never responded, and then I simply offered to paypal him the $20 that was owed with or without the books, but he never replied to that either. Most recently I tried to PM him asking how he would like to proceed so that we could both be done with this, only to find that I'd been added to his ignore list. Because of this, I'd like to ask someone to please ask Anthony to contact me so that we can settle this on his terms. I hope it does not appear that I'm am trying to smear him or oust him in any way, I just simply didn't know how to contact him now that I'm on his ignore list, and I desperately wish to resolve this issue in a professional manner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

It would seem that he doesn't want to be contacted by you. I'm guessing that he gave you a chance to complete the deal within the 30 day time limit, and you chose not to. Anyhow, I am sure he has/will see your post.

I really don't care what you do with the guy to be honest. He's on ignore.

If that is the case, then I would like to request to be removed from the list. Whatever was between me and Pirate is now over

Perhaps you can give us an explanation as to why it took you 2 years to try and rectify the problem. That might help. I ask because without first having a good reason to remove you from the list, a guy like Cap Freek, for instance, can just wait until the people he hosed aren't actively posting and get off the list as well.

I've been actively trying to work towards a solution from the get-go, but after Pirate expressed no interest in resolving the problem and ignored my attempts at burying the hatchet, after 2 years I decided it was time to bring it to a public discussion.

2 years ago I made a simple mistake. I tried to back out of a deal that I had already agreed upon, and I realize that I made the wrong decision. However, since then I have tried to become more professional when dealing with other people on the boards, and I honestly believe that I no longer deserve to be on the list. I didn't take anybody's books. I didn't take anybody's money. I simply backed out of a deal, and 2 years later, I ask to have my name removed to the list so I can try to restore my name in the community.

Your original post said " However, since then I have had many successful transactions with other board members," .

Can you explain what you meant by that, please?

Hello Everyone

I was added to the probation list after an altercation with Pirate about two years ago, and since then I have tried very hard to be more professional on the boards, and at the same time, amend my situation with Anthony. Over the last couple of months, I have sent him several PM's offering to purchase the books from our deal that I had backed out on, and he never responded, and then I simply offered to paypal him the $20 that was owed with or without the books, but he never replied to that either. Most recently I tried to PM him asking how he would like to proceed so that we could both be done with this, only to find that I'd been added to his ignore list. Because of this, I'd like to ask someone to please ask Anthony to contact me so that we can settle this on his terms. I hope it does not appear that I'm am trying to smear him or oust him in any way, I just simply didn't know how to contact him now that I'm on his ignore list, and I desperately wish to resolve this issue in a professional manner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

It would seem that he doesn't want to be contacted by you. I'm guessing that he gave you a chance to complete the deal within the 30 day time limit, and you chose not to. Anyhow, I am sure he has/will see your post.

If that is the case, then I would like to request to be removed from the list. Whatever was between me and Pirate is now over

Perhaps you can give us an explanation as to why it took you 2 years to try and rectify the problem. That might help. I ask because without first having a good reason to remove you from the list, a guy like Cap Freek, for instance, can just wait until the people he hosed aren't actively posting and get off the list as well.

I've been actively trying to work towards a solution from the get-go, but after Pirate expressed no interest in resolving the problem and ignored my attempts at burying the hatchet, after 2 years I decided it was time to bring it to a public discussion.

2 years ago I made a simple mistake. I tried to back out of a deal that I had already agreed upon, and I realize that I made the wrong decision. However, since then I have tried to become more professional when dealing with other people on the boards, and I honestly believe that I no longer deserve to be on the list. I didn't take anybody's books. I didn't take anybody's money. I simply backed out of a deal, and 2 years later, I ask to have my name removed to the list so I can try to restore my name in the community.

Your original post said " However, since then I have had many successful transactions with other board members," .

:popcorn:

Hello Everyone

Thanks,

Travis

:popcorn:

He explained his situation to me during a past sales thread I had, paid immediately and held up his end of the bargain. I had no problem with my transaction with him (shrug)

I was one of the people who wanted to give Captain Freak...(and others) 8 zillion chances. I was wrong, he (and some of the others) were not really reformed, just sorry they were on this list.

What bothers me here, is the fact that if he was buying from you (or selling to people), he was obviously ignoring the fact he was on the probation list.

He should have posted here, made the offer to make payment BEFORE buying or selling.

I would have respected that...the information that we have been presented at this time is not enough to make me really comfortable about relaxing the rules.

If Pirate will not take the money (and we all know and love how stubborn Pirate can be), he (Pirate) still got the short end of the stick in the deal.

I've mentioned this before in other threads...I'd like to see some kind of community service requirement performed in these cases.

That's just me...and you all know how tough *I* am;) :sumo:

if pirate doesn't care and he even offered to pay him $20 to settle the score, then i say he should be removed from the list.

+1

+2

+ 3

+4

The fact he offered to just send Pirate $20 with no books in return is a positive step. We are talking a 15 year old two years ago. Now he's 17. There is usually a maturity difference between the two ages. Hopefully he is understanding better. If not, he goes back, maybe even to HOS.

I've mentioned this before in other threads...I'd like to see some kind of community service requirement performed in these cases.

That's just me...and you all know how tough *I* am;) :sumo:

Sharon, I love the thought process here. But until we have that expectation in place, I think he made an effort here to rectify and the impacted party doesn't care, so take him off the list.

And I was one burned by Cappy Freak, and found out later he was off and on the list three times before that final event (making it his fourth).

If he does it again, I agree with PR ( doh! ) - he goes in the HOS and stays there forever.

if pirate doesn't care and he even offered to pay him $20 to settle the score, then i say he should be removed from the list.

+1

+2

+ 3

+4

The fact he offered to just send Pirate $20 with no books in return is a positive step. We are talking a 15 year old two years ago. Now he's 17. There is usually a maturity difference between the two ages. Hopefully he is understanding better. If not, he goes back, maybe even to HOS.

Originally, I was going to sugest donating $20 to charity. After thinking it over, I say just take him off the list and give him a fresh start.

+1

+2

+ 3

+4

Originally, I was going to sugest donating $20 to charity. After thinking it over, I say just take him off the list and give him a fresh start.

I concur! :preach:

Hello Everyone

Thanks,

Travis

That's a very fair question.

I removed that line from my original post because I was afraid that it would detract from my argument . You're entirely right. I should not have continued to buy from other sellers while still on the list, but I was afraid of causing a public confrontation by petitioning the probation thread. I know that that too, was a mistake, but I wasn't sure how the community would react to a relatively unknown member presenting a case involving a senior member, even in light of the evidence.

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone here that I have made mistakes in the past, but I hope you can also see that I am trying very hard to put them behind me so that I can become a contributing member of this community. I know it's not a small thing to ask, but I would really appreciate a second chance.

Also, I'm definitely not opposed to some form of community service, and if that is something I can do to help regain some trust, I'd be happy to serve in any way possible.

Hello Everyone

Thanks,

Travis

That's a very fair question.

I removed that line from my original post because I was afraid that it would detract from my argument . You're entirely right. I should not have continued to buy from other sellers while still on the list, but I was afraid of causing a public confrontation by petitioning the probation thread. I know that that too, was a mistake, but I wasn't sure how the community would react to a relatively unknown member presenting a case involving a senior member, even in light of the evidence.

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone here that I have made mistakes in the past, but I hope you can also see that I am trying very hard to put them behind me so that I can become a contributing member of this community. I know it's not a small thing to ask, but I would really appreciate a second chance.

Also, I'm definitely not opposed to some form of community service, and if that is something I can do to help regain some trust, I'd be happy to serve in any way possible.

Excellent response (thumbs u

Unfortunately, it's one of those deja vu things for me...Captain Freak was the same age, he too wrote very well...it turned out that someone else was helping him respond. The other person was very honest, Connor...not so much, he was just using the words. He also ignored being on probation and made deals behind the scenes.

However that is not your fault.

As far as community service goes, we seem to have threads every so often helping people in need, or auctioning things for charity. Perhaps the next time we have one, you would would consider spending that $20 on one of those threads, or purchase something with the $20.00, or donating an item.

In any case...given your thoughtful response.

I will vote to reinstate you as well !

I very much appreciate your vote, and I promise you that your trust will not be miss-placed.

I will watch the boards for such an opportunity to redeem myself, and I would be happy to make a donation to help someone out.

:bump: 7/9/10 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump:

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

•  
  • Herald2Galactus
    (Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

• gilbertotorres
    (added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• ComicSupply
    (added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• CAP freak
    (added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• AlleyBat aka BucOne aka WolfHulk aka Roxx Gang aka MarkWeb aka lastyle7
    (added 5/23/08 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TFL
    (added 6/2/09 - 6th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark
    (added 5/3/10 - 7th "Hall of Shame" Member)

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete

a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

THATONEGUY removed

• aaron568 (added 11/6/08)

• BATMANFAN (added 2/9/10)

• bkwon12 (added 10/08/09)

• brasseye (added 7/2/09)

• bronzejunkie (added 3/26/07)

• Chrissr (added 12/22/09)

• clobberintime (added 11/7/07)

• comicmankev (added 3/27/07)

• DarkKnight2K4 (added 4/24/08)

• donavan74 (added 3/27/07)

• erbdom (added 12/08/09)

• ffxmen14 (added 4/12/10)

• Ghastly (added by majority vote 12/3/07)

• Henchman (added 4/25/08)

• HGComics (added 10/7/09)

• kevin109 (added 4/19/10)

• Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)

• Marc Wolfe (added 9/15/08)

• matewan1990 (added 3/3/08)

• mishu2nite (added 3/3/10)

• mjacobs8 (added 1/24/09)

• Nascar (added 6/2/07)

• NEXTLVL (added 10/12/08)

• rza808 (added 12/29/08)

• Sid (added 8/8/07)