• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever wonder why those Archie collectors love Harry Lucey?

178 posts in this topic

I saw 2 separate 10(?) inch tall Betty and Veronica dolls in boxes. Think they came out a few years ago. Anyone know how many other Archie characters were part of that set? Sorry, don't even remember the toy company name.

You are probably talking about the praying mantis dolls. Purple boxes? Only Betty and Veronica, but 3 different of each!

Much different than the Chuck Clayton we know today

Great post! thats an early Chuck story!

Heres a Harry Lucey page with his name on it!

Laugh62p1.png

I keep thinking this would be a great cover to blow up to poster size!

LWA2fc.png

I liked to read a few Archie books when I was growing up, but always considered myself a "Duck kid". Carl Barks was my favorite artist even though I had no idea who he really was. However, the Archie books I did read, Lucey is the artist that I remember the most. He is to Archie what Barks is to Ducks. Great stuff. This cover has officially gone on my want list now. One of the nicest covers of any genre I have seen in a very long time.

Scott

One of the things I like most about Lucey's work isn't the art, but the writing. So much of his stuff has a wit that is cutting and merciless, that I find it funny. His timing is great, his writing is great, and his art beautiful. You just have to love it.

Wow, that character has a striking resemblance to Roy Crane's Wash Tubbs!

That's interesting, makes you wonder if Harry Lucey knew???

On to more Harry Lucey Pep covers! A couple of things to notice about Lucey, you can always see the soles of the shoes and no one stands straight up! They always has a curve or an angle.

Pep134fc.png

Pep135fc.png