• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men 1,2&3

8 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is to long. I'm new and this is 2nd post/reply. If anyone would help I have many questions. I've been out of collecting for 20 or so years. I was not sure I even had my comics, but I found about a couple hundred in a few old dresser draws. If someone could help me with a few thins please PM me (boards,bags Vs mylar, and several other topics-I would really appriciate it!

x-men1FCovSm.jpg

x-men1BCovSm.jpg

x-men2FCovSm.jpg

x-men2BCovSm.jpg

x-men3FCovSm.jpg

x-men3BCovSm.jpg

TY, I'm trying to get a handle on this grading system, to figure out what to get slabbed

893applaud-thumb.gif

3.0, 4.5 and 6.5

1 is a really good looking copy until you look at the color breaking in the LRC, the piece missing in the URC and the tear next to Marvel Girl.

2 is really nice too, but there's way too much color breaking in the center and on the crease to be much more than a really really nice VG+

3 is another great copy. But corner rounding, writing on the back and the chunk out of the back cover's LLC drop it into the FN+ territory.

Nice books though, really nice.

3.0, 4.5 and 6.5

1 is a really good looking copy until you look at the color breaking in the LRC, the piece missing in the URC and the tear next to Marvel Girl.

2 is really nice too, but there's way too much color breaking in the center and on the crease to be much more than a really really nice VG+

3 is another great copy. But corner rounding, writing on the back and the chunk out of the back cover's LLC drop it into the FN+ territory.

Nice books though, really nice.

Agreed with the first two, but I think #3 is looking closer to 5.5?

I agree generally with the grades that TSwiift gave. Although they're lower grade books, they are still very nice, collectible grade copies of high demand books, so congrats!

As far as getting books CGC graded, before you get any books graded, you should get (a) a copy of the Overstreet Grading Guide (available from Amazon.com - make sure you get the GRADING guide, not just the PRICE guide) and (b) a collector's subscription to www.gpanalysis.com, which is a price reporting service for CGC graded books that sell on ebay, Heritage Auctions, and several other venues. For any book that you are considering getting CGC graded, check GPAnalysis first to see what it sells for in the approximate grade that you think it will get, and then compare that to what the book sells for on ebay or ComicLink in similar grade but not CGC graded. If the amount the graded book sells for is more than what the ungraded book sells for in similar condition (plus grading costs), then you should think about getting it graded if you want to sell it.

TY FOR THAT, ACTUALLY I JUST LOOKED AT #3 ON THE BACK AND THE LLC CHUNK MUST HAVE BEEN SOMETHING ON SCANNER, THERE IS NOTHING MISSING THERE. IF YOU NOTICE I SEE NOW THAT IT IS ON ALL OF THEM. WHAT IS THE BEST DPI TO SCAN AT I USUALLY USE 400 OR 600

For purposes of grading online, scan at 100 dpi / 100% and save as a medium compression jpg.

Do you listen to the Free Beer and Hot Wings Show by any chance?

Do you listen to the Free Beer and Hot Wings Show by any chance?

Never heard of it but just check it out. What in the world is it? Looks somewhat cool

It's a morning radio show syndicated in a number of markets including areas of NJ. They use the term Mindividual_without_enough_empathy all the time. grin.gif