• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlanta Comics Expo April 21,22

19 posts in this topic

Last minute decision, but I guess I will be setting up after all. Might as well, since its in my own city, right?

sucker 27_laughing.gif ... wait i`ll be there too 893whatthe.gif I hope its going to be decent ... What changed your mind Jeff ?

Last minute decision, but I guess I will be setting up after all. Might as well, since its in my own city, right?

sucker 27_laughing.gif ... wait i`ll be there too 893whatthe.gif I hope its going to be decent ... What changed your mind Jeff ?

I didn't realize there was only 56 or so booths. Several guys are taking 2+ and about 10 don't even sell comics, so I think even w/ a weak crowd there should be enough $$$ in the room to justify a little extra for tables. Not to mention that this will take away 1 of our regular 1 day shows.

Plus I'm just going to bring 50 boxes of hot bronze books and blow them out at $1 each poke2.gif

What's your booth number?

I didn't realize there was only 56 or so booths. Several guys are taking 2+ and about 10 don't even sell comics, so I think even w/ a weak crowd there should be enough $$$ in the room to justify a little extra for tables. Not to mention that this will take away 1 of our regular 1 day shows.

Plus I'm just going to bring 50 boxes of hot bronze books and blow them out at $1 each poke2.gif

$1 Bronze, eh? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i believe its 305 and 307 looking at the floorplan the 3`rd and 4`th booths on the 1`st isle right as you come in , i`ll just have one of the booths , my frfiend kevin will have the other full of vintage star wars .. he`s been at Wes` a few times lately .. how many booths are you using ? .. Mike

i believe its 305 and 307 looking at the floorplan the 3`rd and 4`th booths on the 1`st isle right as you come in , i`ll just have one of the booths , my frfiend kevin will have the other full of vintage star wars .. he`s been at Wes` a few times lately .. how many booths are you using ? .. Mike

They told me I got the last booth. Either 112 or 116. Its probably all the way in the back in the loading dock. 27_laughing.gif

Let me know if you want any junk boxes. I just picked up 300+ boxes of light silver, heavy bronze and copper. I'm offering up junk and stuff I have heavy dupes of first. I can deliver to the show.

They told me I got the last booth. Either 112 or 116. Its probably all the way in the back in the loading dock. 27_laughing.gif

Let me know if you want any junk boxes. I just picked up 300+ boxes of light silver, heavy bronze and copper. I'm offering up junk and stuff I have heavy dupes of first. I can deliver to the show.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What are you thinking about? 1/2 of those could have been yours makepoint.gif They are HOTTTTTTTTTTT. I will never have to buy another comic for at least 2 years 27_laughing.gif Are you coming down in May? I haven't even started looking at this stuff yet and now I may have to go to Portugal for work. I'm hoping I don't have to go 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What are you thinking about? 1/2 of those could have been yours makepoint.gif They are HOTTTTTTTTTTT. I will never have to buy another comic for at least 2 years 27_laughing.gif Are you coming down in May? I haven't even started looking at this stuff yet and now I may have to go to Portugal for work. I'm hoping I don't have to go 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

depends on how the launch of the new company website goes. probably, although at this point i'm thinking it's like 65%

I'll be there, my friend Scott is excited to meet Tara McPherson and get a sketch (even emailed her), and I'm getting a sketch for Solar from her as well.

Hope it will be well attended, no idea how well it's been advertised. Spoke to Chuck at Titan Comics in College Park, he just shrugged when I asked him how well I thought this would do.

Looked at the site today and didn't see Dave Johnson listed. Drats.

Dragon Con's *spoon* poor practices - such as their patented 3-hour ticket line - could wreck ACE if they get carried over. Hopefully the attitudes that make DC a bad show won't taint this one.

Also, the dealers' floor sounds like its going to be a little sparse. Shopping for back issues is the only reason I'm going - not for classes on Origami. So, if it seems like they gave low priority to comic sales -again, like at DC - then I won't be going back.

That being said, I wish much luck the the sellers who will be setting up.

This show isn't bad. Its not really big, but it has a pretty decent supply of quality dealers.

The people at DragonCon did a wonderful job with the ticket situation, but part of the ease was probably due to a low turnout.

Low turnout early. Most of the same dealers are the same at the Marriott shows Wes Tillander runs, no real notables from out of town.

Dave Johnson and Craig Hamilton no shows, really annoying. Rosario Dawson announced as being delayed out of LA so not available at today's show. Tara McPherson = attractive. David Mack = awesome.

No real reason to go back today, as far as just comics go, I get in for a buck at Wes's shows and have easy parking. This was $10 for one day and took the MARTA cause Atlanta parking is a pain.