• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gotta have this batman #1!!!

14 posts in this topic

I emailed him and told him I'd love to pay by cash. I also commented on his lack of a description, lack of grading, lack of a scan, and how he has no feedback. Wonder if I'll get a response from him. tongue.gif

Just sent him an email and said that I am very very interested in the bookd and would love to meet with him to view it (I work in HK). Let's see what I get.

If he is a member of a triad I may be in deep [!@#%^&^]......

Hmmm..I think I'll place a bid..since he keeps everything a mystery about the grade, weather (sp) or not it's slabbed, I'll most likely place a bid....I love mail and surprises.

Well Kevin, you should then place a MYSTERY bid. This way it will be complete surprise as to whether you won or lost!!

Like the time tested, "sophisticated" method of picking horses whereby you close your eyes and circle in on the form, and bet on whatever listed entry the pen point falls upon once you lower your hand, you should just close your eyes, type a bunch of keys at random and hit "enter".

For added suspense, don't even review your bid or refresh the page! Wait until Ebay sends you a notification email telling you if you won or lost, and how much your "winning" bid was!!!!

I call that "Russian Roulette" or "Deer-Hunter" Ebay, and for the ultimate in mystery, suspense, and surprises, I think that's the best way to go!!!

Hey Mr. Nice...that's how I always bid anyway! How'd you find my secret? For added fun, I sometimes wait a week or 2 before reading my email, or I set up a rule in Outlook that forwards my email to random friends. Then they can tell me if I've won or not!

insane.gif

Just sent him an email and said that I am very very interested in the bookd and would love to meet with him to view it (I work in HK). Let's see what I get.

'Shroom, if we don't hear from you on the boards in the next 48 hours, we'll call the local branch of Interpol... smile.gif

'Shroom, if we don't hear from you on the boards in the next 48 hours, we'll call the local branch of Interpol... smile.gif

Thanks Garth.......................

Here was his response:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, 12 August 2003 11:28 AM

To: Billington, John (AU - Melb)

Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2187457448

jobillington@dc.com wrote:

Hi,

I am currently working in HK. I noticed your auction and as a fanatical Batman collector am really interested in purchasing this book. I don't know what C8 is but I will assume that this is an high grade (I am more used to overstreet or CGC gradings).

Before bidding is there any chance of being able to see this book in person. For a purchase of this magnitude I need to ensure that it is what it is.

Cheers,

John

--------------------

Question from: jobillington@dc.com

Title of item: Batman number one

Seller: yuseeloi

Starts: Aug-11-03 03:57:02 PDT

Ends: Aug-14-03 03:57:02 PDT

Price: Starts at $12,300.00

To view the item, go to: http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2187457448

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.aol.ebay.com

Sorry, I have no scanner. And I'm first time in here to selling product.

最新鈴聲推介:十面埋伏,多謝失戀,心淡...

Loser