• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Y the Last Man

236 posts in this topic

Thats not a smart move on their part, many will probably lose interest by then and not pick it up at all.

I hope they make a HC collecting the entire series.. like an Omnibus.

Heck, I'm not losing interest. Just getting impatient waiting for the last trade.

All TPB for me on this one.

I just read this series from start to finish over the last few days. Very enjoyable, but I wanted them to do so much more with it! Not complaining though as it's a good read.

The part of me that loves speculative science fiction wanted to see a lot more thought going into the consequences of the gendercide. I think there would have been more dramatic, wide ranging and surprising consequences of wiping out (almost) all the male mammals.

I was also a little disappointed at the lack of explanation as well. The 'morphic resonance' theory is just rubbish. That's not sci-fi, that's science fantasy i.e. magic. They did however hint that there was some other cause, and left it ambiguous.

I suppose my grumble is that it had great potential as sci-fi, but left it unexplored in favour of being a story about relationships which just happens to take place against a sci-fi setting. Again, not a real grumble because I really enjoyed it. Cried plenty through the last couple issues lol

Just finished reading the series today. I've got a few qualms but overall it's a great series. I don't disagree with the recent poll showing Y as the series of the decade. It gets my vote.

Qualms...

Unfortunately, there was a spoiler in a comics general thread that 355 died so it wasn't as powerful if I hadn't known. :(

Alter didn't die! I wanted her dead even before she killed 355. But I can understand why... I suppose. Why did the Israelis just pack up and leave?

I wish we could have had another issue where Yorick got to catch up with all of the women & children he meets at the very end of #59.

Beth ends up with Hero?!?! :o WTF was that about! :screwy:

As far as an explanation of the plague, it was a MacGuffin anyway.

I did like the ending with Yorick pulling one last escape. (thumbs u

I enjoyed it and was happy that I read every issue. However I feel as though they didn't really explore all the possibilities of the story. I got to think what would I do if I was the last man living on earth. I can tell you it would be a very different story as I am sure it would be for most every man.

http://collider.com/matthew-federman-stephen-scaia-y-last-man-movie/152350/

An adaptation of Y: The Last Man has been in development pretty much since it’s release in 2002, and has proven unadaptable for just as long. Last we checked in on the project, Louis Leterrier expressed his dream to turn the 60-issue comic into a TV series. But Heat Vision reports that New Line has hired Matthew Federman and Stephen Scaia (Human Target) to start from scratch on a Y: The Last Man feature. The Brian K. Vaughan comic centers on Yorick, an escape artist who is the sole male survivor of an unknown plague that wiped out every man on Earth. It’s a sprawling tale in which Yorick wanders across the country, where a new adventure awaits at every location. The report says nothing about the possibility of multiple films, so presumably Federman and Scaia are faced with the daunting task of streamlining the entire adventure into a two-hour arc. Vaughan actually drafted a Y: The Last Man screenplay himself that leaked to a positive reception. So it can be done. I do wish Federman and Scaia the best of luck, since I’d like to see Y on the big screen. But if they fail like so many others, let’s try it on TV. C’mon, HBO.

Guess I should hold onto all those Vaughan SS books coming back in a few weeks. ;)

Or sell me a nice #1. Get a bunch of #1 of moderns I read or save up for a Silver Marvel key? hm