• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #37

72 posts in this topic

Is it true that the Overstreet Advisors receive advance copies of the book? I've heard this happens in the coin industry, but I'm not sure about comics. confused-smiley-013.gif

Andy

The paperback is supposed to become available May 8 (at least at most online retailers like Amazon.)

Is that for retail stores? The LCS usually gets it a month or so before the retail stores.

Amazon and other bookstores carry the bookstore version which does get published a month later than LCS get there copies.

May 8th...too bad they couldn't get it out just a week before. With Spidey 3 coming out on the 4th and Free Comic Bookday on the 5th, I think they might get some unexpected sales if it was available on that Saturday. I know both of my LCS's are expecting to have their best sales day in a very long time on May 5th.

Jim

Is it true that the Overstreet Advisors receive advance copies of the book? I've heard this happens in the coin industry, but I'm not sure about comics. confused-smiley-013.gif

Andy

Advisors and advertisers but it only comes 1-3 days early.

Sounds about right to me. thumbsup2.gif

The LCS's have them on sale on Wednesdays and apparently the advisors and advertisers get them on a Monday or a Tuesday of the same week.

Really not much of a difference here.

As for this year's actual release date, the two dates which I have heard are April 11th and April 18th. I guess we'll find out pretty soon.

May 8th...too bad they couldn't get it out just a week before. With Spidey 3 coming out on the 4th and Free Comic Bookday on the 5th, I think they might get some unexpected sales if it was available on that Saturday. I know both of my LCS's are expecting to have their best sales day in a very long time on May 5th.

Jim

foreheadslap.gif Bookstores don't have FCBD.

It's always late - no matter when they say it's going to be ready -- they are always late.

BTW, be careful ordering from Amazon. I once pre-ordered my Overstreet and received the older edition.

It's always late - no matter when they say it's going to be ready -- they are always late.

BTW, be careful ordering from Amazon. I once pre-ordered my Overstreet and received the older edition.

Why would you order the OS from Amazon a month later than when LCS get the direct edition?

Why would you order the OS from Amazon a month later than when LCS get the direct edition?

Exactly!

Did anyone see it reported in Scoop where Diamond Distribution (Geppi-owned) awarded Gemstone (Geppi-owned) some type of award for greatness in publishing the Price Guide (Geppi-owned) ?

Did anyone see it reported in Scoop where Diamond Distribution (Geppi-owned) awarded Gemstone (Geppi-owned) some type of award for greatness in publishing the Price Guide (Geppi-owned) ?

"Gemstone Publishing received the Gem Award for the best Trade Book of the Year for The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #36."

Diamond Announces Gem Award Winners

14901_43676_1.jpg