• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Best and Worst Comic Book Dealers Thread

111 posts in this topic

At least there was not a comment

I've retired that comment! confused-smiley-013.gif

893whatthe.gif

No more 's... confused.gif what new witty comment can you come up with.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, I've made a conscious effort to actually type real words in my posts the last couple of days. Of course, there are still junk especially during this time of the night but it's an improvement! confused-smiley-013.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif To your efforts to type more intellectual posts.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

893whatthe.gif

No more 's... confused.gif what new witty comment can you come up with.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, I've made a conscious effort to actually type real words in my posts the last couple of days. Of course, there are still junk especially during this time of the night but it's an improvement! confused-smiley-013.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif To your efforts to type more intellectual posts.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Yep...even I was getting tired of all the confused-smiley-013.gif that I was using! frown.gif

893whatthe.gif

Yep...even I was getting tired of all the confused-smiley-013.gif that I was using! frown.gif

[!@#%^&^]

893whatthe.gif

Did everyone decide to swap avatars as well at the same time you came to this decision 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What's troubling you Ricky? confused-smiley-013.gif

I was just throwing a jab out there, but that term seems to be filtered at the moment 27_laughing.gif

Dink? confused.gif

He's been touched by the love of Showcase New England.

You should have seen me after their work - I was walking around talking to myself considering mugging old ladies..............

You mean Daniel????27_laughing.gif

He's been touched by the love of Showcase New England.

You should have seen me after their work - I was walking around talking to myself considering mugging old ladies..............

Don't you do that to support your comic habit? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmmm its very interesting to me so far that people have mixed feelings about Superworld, Showcase New England and Gary Dolgoff all three are on the best list of some and the worst list of others. Are they just inconsistent? Or just a bad day with a single bad experience?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nobody's perfect.

But if you have more people being positive about a seller, that says a lot.

I just don't buy a lot of books from dealers, and I do the small first order to see what their grading/service is like. Still, the last three dealer purchases through the mail have all been poor enough experiences that I won't be going back to them.

Classic Comic Investments sold me a couple of raw books that were nice VF books (as advertised).

I've had some great (and - of course - not so great) experiences on eBay.

Truth be told, I'm probably too patient and tend to support my LCS and the local smaller conventions.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

20 relevant posts and then 70 posts of private, no one gives a [!@#%^&^] conversation.

You're being generous using the term "conversation" to describe it. The "Gremlin Wars", "Battle of the One-Liners", and "Insult Your Neighbor As You Would Have Them Insult You" thread hi-jackings seem to have returned... frown.gif

Update ubiquiti...

Cindy from Showcase NE is the person to deal with in cases of returns. Every email that I have shot off has been answered promptly without any hassle. She also issued the refund this morning via PP. If you ever have any problems, ask for her and not Dan G.