• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many comic collectors in our hobby?

23 posts in this topic

Anyone know a general estimate of how many comic collectors are currently in our hobby? Man, I remember when they used to have those million and a half print runs. Now I hear its like 100 thousand. Just curious as to how many collectors they estimate now.

Reason I am asking this is because when one figures the amount of total comics graded by CGC. its not all that many considering how many books are out there. It appears that grading is at this time in its infancy and I guess standards and terminology will become more specific as time goes by. It would be interesting to figure out ratio of collectors to amount of books graded.

Good collecting, Jeff

I currently buy 1 new title.

I prefer to spend my money on the books I read and wanted as a kid.

(Will be two with the new Gaiman book.)

So. I guess people like myself cut down on the current run numbers.

Sorry. There's not many new books that interest me.

I read Ultimates. Gota say that is an awesome read.

Other than that the only things I've read in the last two years is...

Ultimate Spider-Man 1-15

Ultimate X-Men 1-15

The End 1-6

Origin 1-6

All of which were very good reads.

I'd like to get back into Uncanny, but I just can't stand the art they've had the last few years.

Frank Quietly *BARF* and Kissa Myassa (or whatever his frigin name is).

Double BARF

New X-Men is interesting. But I think Lienel Yu is the second best X Artist EVER.

I just need to get around to catching up the title so I can read it all.

I'd also like to start up Amazing again. But I'll wait until I have my back issue run caught up so I'm not left out in the story line.

A buncha ramblin. Not what you were lookin for, I suppose.

makepoint.gif

Anyone know a general estimate of how many comic collectors are currently in our hobby?

I have no idea and can't even begin to imaging how we could arrive at a reasonable estimate. Hoping someone out there knows something...... frown.gif

Don't know if you can go by the number of new comics sold either as many collectors just buy back-issues.

Prove it!

Love,

Ubiquiboo

Your a jerk and a huge insufficiently_thoughtful_person. You're the biggest insufficiently_thoughtful_person on the planet and a dipstick on top of it. You're wrong and you're a complete waste of skin and a '. Your immature response to this post will probably be to resort to calling me names even though I never do that. That would be typical for you.

Love,

Bugabiquiti

Prove it!

Love,

Ubiquiboo

Your a jerk and a huge insufficiently_thoughtful_person. You're the biggest insufficiently_thoughtful_person on the planet and a dipstick on top of it. You're wrong and you're a complete waste of skin and a '. You're immature response to this post will probably be to resort to calling me names even though I never do that. That would be typical for you.

Love,

Bugabiquiti

893whatthe.gif

Bug, if I ever say anything that gives you the opportunity to respond in the way you just did, I'd like to apologize ahead of time. grin.gif

893whatthe.gif

Bug, if I ever say anything that gives you the opportunity to respond in the way you just did, I'd like to apologize ahead of time. grin.gif

27_laughing.gif

My post was meant as a parody of what Ubiquiti does up in the Water Cooler. He'll know what I'm talking about. tongue.gif

Get eat some cookies....pansy! sumo.gif

Get eat some cookies....pansy! sumo.gif

As soon as you two little tulips cook me a chicken pot pie. 893naughty-thumb.gif

How about some Dijiorno (sp?) pizza? 27_laughing.gif