• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HDTV or a Hulk #181 which would you get it you had the found $$

HDTV OR HULK #181  

282 members have voted

1. 1. HDTV OR HULK #181

70 posts in this topic

I've thought of upgrading to HDTV but everyone tells me that in order to get the full benefit, you have to upgrade everything so I'll end up upgrading my satellite dish, receivers, programming packages, my DVD player, etc. So it ends up being a heck of a lot more expensive. IMHO

So true. I recently upgraded to a 73" DLP Mitsubishi and had to get the HD DVD player and a HD satellite dish to take full advantage of the TV. The bigger the picture, the more faults are seen with DVDs and TV stations that are not in HD.

I voted TV, as mine was on the blink recently.

Just put in a remodel, in home theatre, with a 52" LCD HDTV 1080P..........and then was forced to upgrade my tv in Girdwood too....couldn't look at my old college tv after having the new tv at home.

Luckily I have a Hulk 181 as I know it will be worth more than both TV's in a matter of years....

Invest/enjoy the Hulk 181..................buy the TV's for entertainment.

Let us know what you decide....

I have the HD TV mounted above the fireplace at home and I love watching Sports on HD especially football because the picture quality is superior to analog. It took me a few years to find a copy of Hulk 181 that I really liked and bought and I have no intention of selling the book. So, buy the HD TV and read the Hulk 181 during commerical breaks.

I have the HD TV mounted above the fireplace at home and I love watching Sports on HD especially football because the picture quality is superior to analog. It took me a few years to find a copy of Hulk 181 that I really liked and bought and I have no intention of selling the book. So, buy the HD TV and read the Hulk 181 during commerical breaks.

Can you post a pic (of the TV)? I'm trying to convince my wife to let me mount our TV above the fireplace but she thinks it will look weird. Thanks(thumbs up

Put me in the TV camp. HD is great. And women appreciate HDTV more than they appreciate a Hulk 181. (Right DeeDee?)

An HDTV will get you more chicks than a Hulk 181, thats for sure thumbsup2.gif

How do you know 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Put me in the TV camp. HD is great. And women appreciate HDTV more than they appreciate a Hulk 181. (Right DeeDee?)

I'm sure all the guys here with Hulk 181s have women breaking their doors down yeahok.gif

I'm sure all the guys here with Hulk 181s have women breaking their doors down yeahok.gif

never had a girl break down the door for my hulk 181 or my tv for that matter.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

never had a girl break down the door for my hulk 181 or my tv for that matter.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

if "the notebook" was on you might've had more luck tongue.gif

OK, now THAT's pretty funny................. 27_laughing.gif

Already got a chick. grin.gif

Don't have a Hulk 181. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd pick Hulk #181. The way technology changes so fast... better stuff becomes cheaper in the years to come where the price of a HG Hulk #181 would most likely appreciate. If you have a nice TV as it is now... hold out for another year or so and today's technology will be tomorrow's cheap stuff.

I ditto this sound judgement.

Sound judgment?? Yeah, the market value of the TV will decline rapidly, but you will get countless hours of entertainment over the next 10-15 years out of it before it burns out!! How much fun are you going to get out of owning a Hulk #181? I've never owned a copy, and I don't feel my life is diminished at all as a result. On the other hand, my life would be meaningfully worse off without the pleasure of HDTV...

On the other hand, my life would be meaningfully worse off without the pleasure of HDTV...

Really????? You find TV that important? Don't get me wrong, I like TV as much as the next guy, but my life would not suffer much if it was gone.

What if it was the 9.9 copy 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

On the other hand, my life would be meaningfully worse off without the pleasure of HDTV...

Really????? You find TV that important? Don't get me wrong, I like TV as much as the next guy, but my life would not suffer much if it was gone.

I think my life would be slightly better without TV, even though I only watch a few hours a week, if that. Other than the NFL, I wouldn't miss it at all.

What if it was the 9.9 copy 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sleeping.gif

I'd rather watch college bball in HD confused-smiley-013.gif