• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bound Volumes

13 posts in this topic

Some of you might know that I'm trying to collect a nice high grade set of Wow comics featuring Mary Marvel.... I was just wondering what a bound volume set would be worth? The "Dentist" is selling off some bound copies from #7 to #61. Most of them are in 10 book sets. What is the difference in prices with these? Any help would be appreciated flowerred.gif

Bound volumes are a great way to get the books, but remember to keep in mind most bound volumes will be trimmed and glued, so bid accordingly. A pep comics bound volume set sold recently for around 8400, which is right around estimates by board members of what a set of them in 2.0 would go for, and in much nicer shape.

Bound volumes are a great way to get the books, but remember to keep in mind most bound volumes will be trimmed and glued, so bid accordingly. A pep comics bound volume set sold recently for around 8400, which is right around estimates by board members of what a set of them in 2.0 would go for, and in much nicer shape.

I didn't see who predicted that a set of peps from 21-26 would go for 8400 but I'd have to say that was an overly optimistic estimate, considering a Pep 22 recently went for 8500 in good condition all by itself.

WOW comics, of course, are not as heatedly sought after, so I would not expect such intense bidding.

I think that it also depends upon the origin of the bound volumes.

Did it come from the publisher or did a hobbyist bind them for

his/her own enjoyment?

Malcolm Willits (famed Duck collector) did this to many of his

Disney issues.

Then there are the Publishers Bound File copies direct from the source.

If they come from the publisher, there were probably very few sets made.

Even though they are bound and trimmed, I hold the provenance as

an important factor in value.

I would really like to pick up a couple of bound volumes just to have them on a bookshelf somewhere, as I think they are very neat for discussions, especially with non-comic collectors.

Any suggestions on which of them might go for a low price?

Also do bound Four Color volumes come up very often? I recall seeing one a while ago, but that was the only one I remember

Bound volumes seem to be very much in vogue for at least the past year.

Heritage for example has been selling them for above the value of the sum of the individual comics for quite a while.

It would be cheaper to buy a run and then have them bound.

They are easier to show to others (I have a Daredevil run of 1-94 plus annuals) but I wouldn't recommend anyone buys them thinking they are getting a bargain.

thebigloo is dumping his bound Fawcett's before Levine unloads his through bakertowne.

And Diamond International is selling a bunch of bound Dell's. Hmmm. What's going on?

EDIT: WOW & WHIZ just went up on thebigloo's ebay

Exactly how many bound volumes exist for each title? Does Levine have Fawcetts as well?

I was the underbidder on just about every thebigloo's auctions bid on!

frustrated.gif

I believe that there were 5 complete sets of Dell/Poughkeepsie bound file copies.

Geppi owns one, Joe Mannarino, there was a West Coast Publishers set that sold about 9 years ago(belonged to editor Zetta DeVoe), Heritages' set and ????

The sales price of these also depends upon whether there is any key issued involved with the set

Never cared for bound volumes until I saw this one on Ebay. And if you plan on bidding on it, expect me to up your bids considerably.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

I know the previous High bidder was dizneyart, and I know he's a member here. I hope you're willing to pay through the nose for this paratrooper bound issue....