• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

I have read the last four pages twice, and have googled "grails" and "grails comics" and the comic in question and have no clue as to what is going on.

and yes, I have no problem looking stupid on a forum.

I flashed this earlier like a subliminal message but lets just keep it up.

Final hint for the night.

Think about a limited series that he worked on.

How about a game where he first one to jog to your house wins 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can bring beverages...

[and that Defenders 8 I donated for your game]

Jog from Olympia to Lacey? I don't think you're gonna make it Steve.

He says while looking at my gut and shaking his head sadly. flamed.gif

Okay, I really want someone to walk away with these books. As I said, the game is located on the back of my Mighty Marvel Western #1. Some of you have figured out to check the registry. If you do a search for Grails in the registry, you will see that I have listed just one set there. The 1968 Series Starters. If you go in there and pull up the photos from my MMW, you will see a front and back. There is a message on the back cover that tells you the location of the game. When you get to that next location, all you have to do is another search for Grails and you will eventually find the game. Then a little guesswork is involved but if you put all the hints I have listed in the last few pages together, it eliminates quite a few.

Hints were:

It is not a book.

It is not an award.

You've all pretty much determined who the man is...

The object that he is holding is based on a limited series he worked on.

And that gents, is all I can say short of just giving it to you. I'm calling it a night. I will check the thread in the morning and hopefully someone will post the correct answer before midnight Pacific time. If not, you'll have another crack at these books again shortly. Good luck gents.

Alex Ross holding a Superman Kingdom Come figure.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Congratulations!

Here are the two photos:

1827660-Ross.jpg

1827660-Ross.jpg.63de59fa67338191973faa0b2e2314ed.jpg

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I had Superman right.

How many marks for second place?

I think you said the Superman Forever statue. Which is not what Mr. Ross is holding in the photo. frown.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I had Superman right.

How many marks for second place?

I think you said the Superman Forever statue. Which is not what Mr. Ross is holding in the photo. frown.gif

0 marks sorry.gif

I can give you props! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Gents its been a pleasure. I'll be off the boards for awhile but will return in two months. Next few games will be hosted here by Worldsbestcomics.

Vaya Con Dios!