• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake Action # 1 on Ebay?

55 posts in this topic

Well, it was ended:

"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

Maybe he finally ran spellcheck on it 27_laughing.gif

...or maybe the error in the listing was that the seller isn't really a woman.... confused-smiley-013.gif

zory_is_free( 71) Cancelled: US $10,000.00

Explanation: change his mind Bid: Apr-13-07 00:09:10 PDT

Cancelled: Apr-13-07 10:58:03 PDT

27_laughing.gif

On the one hand, it is funny to "change your mind" on a giant bid...but on the otherhand, what other recourse do you have when the seller adds to the description stating that he's angry with everyone who has emailed him stating it was a fake. Perhaps the seller should take a class in marketing....

I feel like we actually acomplished something today. We just saved some poor soul a lot of money! Cheers all around! Or should I say beers all around! Thanks to spidersense for posting this.

She may be an illiterate loser, but she's crafty enough to never REALLY affirmatively state the book was real. Whenever asked if it was a reprint or real, she replied:

well if it wasnt real,why the man in the comic place offer me $5,000? and i said NO and he still beg,n beg to sell it to him.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Another common tactic from the scammers book of tricks -- never make an affirmative statement... but divert responsibility to someone else.

one of the best thing about this board is the way you guys police ebay on big ticket items.

kudos all around.

wear it with pride folks

1748840-Policeseal.gif

Would this be known as the red badge of courage?

It could...

That is a 1988 oreo cookies give away action 1. The picture was darkened to hide that its on newspaper print[the cover] and a real Action 1 has a yellow floor board on the car , because this one dosnt. Theres 10 other things .