• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else reading Buffy?

25 posts in this topic

I read the first issue and got a couple of pages in the second and stuck it back in the pile for a very very very rainy day.

We had starting rewatching all of the Buffy seasons 1 thru 7 (thats alot of Buffy) before this had come out. So it's kind of neat to be about to pick-up where the show left off, sort of.....

Man I miss that show.....

ditto. I guess I need to pick up the DVDs at some point.

Dan

I know it's only been two issues but I like it.

It makes me missed the show grin.gif

It has been so long that I didn't realize I watched 7 years of BtVS. I don't seem to remember seasons 5 or 6. Yes I know I can look them up...

Dan

I thought the show got really weird after it switched networks.

Pat, you should check out the seasons you missed on dvd. It will give light on why the military is after Buffy. The comic also references events from Angel season 5.

I'll buy this comic as long as Whedon is writing it. I haven't cared for the Angel and Spike series from IDW and the previous series from Dark Horse.

I read #2 tonight and I'm completely lost.

What's up with the "Giant" girl? Why/how did the nerd become a witch (last page of #2)? Any chance for Angel or Charisma's character?

As you can tell, I stopped watching it pretty early in the series. When they let Charisma go, that was a huge foul to me.

If someone can provide a short synopsis relative to the current storyline, I'd highly appreciate it.

Pat

What's up with the "Giant" girl? Why/how did the nerd become a witch (last page of #2)? Any chance for Angel or Charisma's character?

As you can tell, I stopped watching it pretty early in the series. When they let Charisma go, that was a huge foul to me.

If someone can provide a short synopsis relative to the current storyline, I'd highly appreciate it.

Pat

The giant girl is Buffy's sister....don't ask...one of the weaker introductions to the show, though she was a great character.

If the nerd is Willow, then she's been witchy since season 3 or 4...but got more powerful as the show progressed...she had some ups and downs, but she's the full fledged magical character for the show and apparently the comic.

This books takes place at some point after the end of S7 when Buffy put the smackdown on the Hellmouth under the school once and for all and activated all the potential slayers. So now instead of 'once a generation' as was the lore for the whole tv series, they activated all the girls with potential and they all became slayers to help fight the big bad at the end of S7.

Now go rent the DVDs!

Pat

The "Giant" girl is Buffy's sister Dawn. She was introduced in Buffy season 5. As to how she is her sister, its a little complicated for me to summerize here.

Willow became a witch when she went to college in season 4. She discovered a coven attending her school and fell in love with a girl named Tara.

Cordelia became a major player on the Angel series after Buffy season 3. I don't know if there is much or any chance of her appearing in this comic though.

I think IDW has the rights to Angel and Spike, so I don't see them in the series either.

I would watch the seasons you missed, Pat. It would clear up alot of the confusion. I hope I helped some.

Pat

The giant girl is Buffy's sister....don't ask...one of the weaker introductions to the show, though she was a great character.

If the nerd is Willow, then she's been witchy since season 3 or 4...but got more powerful as the show progressed...she had some ups and downs, but she's the full fledged magical character for the show and apparently the comic.

This books takes place at some point after the end of S7 when Buffy put the smackdown on the Hellmouth under the school once and for all and activated all the potential slayers. So now instead of 'once a generation' as was the lore for the whole tv series, they activated all the girls with potential and they all became slayers to help fight the big bad at the end of S7.

Now go rent the DVDs!

Here is a crazy deal on the whole series of DVD's:

Crazy Amazon Limited Time Deal

Dawn lost her virginity. Since she's an "artificial" being, that huge growth spurt was a side effect

from Issue #2 letter's page:

"IDW doesn't own those guys (Spike & Angel) any more than we own Buffy -- the whole kit and kaboodle is owned by 20th Century Fox, and we just rent them out."

Pat

Now go rent the DVDs!

Here is a crazy deal on the whole series of DVD's:

Crazy Amazon Limited Time Deal

That is a great deal!!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

What is that $2.50 a disk!!!!!!!!