• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

About 3,000 raw and 425 slabs.

I REALLY need to go thru my raws and catalog them better. Ive probably added about 1,000 raws since the last time i did a complete list of them.

same here and i never truly cataloged mine to begin with :tonofbricks:

Currently I've got about 5000, split 50/50 in long and short boxes. Only six slabs right now, but have had as many as 50. In addition to being a private collector, I'm also a seller, so the numbers are always going up and down.

had bout 5000 6 years ago but sold them to get a deposit on house, all of them fetched £30,000, back into collecting 18 months ago and got about 700, at moment about 600 are modern and 100 are rare or slabs

It fluctuates a lot. The base is down to about 3,000 books now but it was recently double that.

I have been doing a lot of "soul searching" and have decided to narrow the collection down to about 1,000 books which would include only the runs of stuff I really care about.

That would leave me with mainly keys and a full run of X-Men up to issue 300 something.

I still haven't decided if I want to get rid of my full runs of Spawn and Silver Surfer Vol. 3. Neither is really worth anything or ever will be, but those are two of the core collections that really drove me into everything else I have gotten into. Spawn is still on going and I plan to keep buying them (recently got much better).

So, I am rambling but part of me wants to really purge and get down to just the basics. It is really hard getting rid of anything, but the more I get rid of stuff the more I start thinking I should continue to purge!

Around 500 that I collected between 1942 and 1952.

I have two in the process of being graded...Detective #108 (02/46) and All-American #100 (08/46)

Let's see how this works out before I go for my big ones.

mm

I have been collecting comics for so long..Not quite old as dirt,but getting there.I still do have most of my original collection that I have been collecting since 1968.I currently own all but 12 issues of Amazing Spider-Man from AF#15 to current,only missing common/non key issues.I also collect key issues and have almost all keys from the Bronze age to current,only missing minor keys.I am currently working on major keys from 1956 to 1964,still need to get X-Men #1,F.F. #1,Showcase #4,TTA #27,Journey into Mystery#83,Daredevil #1 and Brave and Bold #28.I have roughly 10-12 thousand books in my collection.Not nearly as huge as most of you guys here,but like another poster said quality over quantity,right?

I currently own all but 12 issues of Amazing Spider-Man from AF#15 to current,only missing common/non key issues.

Awesome!

I've got a bunch of misc extra ASM books if you want to shoot me a list.

As for me, I took a break back around 583, the ASM cover with the President. Anyhow, before that I only needed 40-50 non key ASM books with the exception of ASM 2. Now it's closer to a 100 I suspect. My collection also includes ASM Annuals up to the year 2001 as well as other misc spider man titles. I have trimmed back a great deal and looking to unload some more. I guess I have around 3-5k but never really counted. My plan is to keep my original childhood collection and finish my ASM collection and or picking up some misc Silver age keys or what few moderns I still read. That and focus on submitting my keys.

Edited by WiseGuyX

over 14k marvel books, plus a set of all valiant books, and acclaim related valiant books, plus arden books, plus shooters dark horse relaunch of valiant characters, plus idw's dr who books, plus alot of dark horse books, i guess im unique in that i have that many books and i dont own a dc book at all.

oh, plus about 1k doubles to give out at halloween and to my nephews at Christmas.

Merry Christmas all