• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

I have 30 plus boxes now,and read 99% of them.I know should sell some and get a bigger book,but I just love them all so much,and would eventually just end up replacing them.

I traded off some doubles recently and still feel the hole where they used to be lol:facepalm:

Its a pity that the poll at the start of this had such poor numbers to chose from, we could have seen how many of us are really hoarders if the choices had been opened up a bit.

I mean the biggest choice was 750 comics, I have bought more than that just in the last 2 months and I have been collecting 40+ years.

Someone should start another poll with some real choices.

Its a pity that the poll at the start of this had such poor numbers to chose from, we could have seen how many of us are really hoarders if the choices had been opened up a bit.

I mean the biggest choice was 750 comics, I have bought more than that just in the last 2 months and I have been collecting 40+ years.

:roflmao: Once you get over 10K,who counts?

lol 10K should be the start point choice for some on here :makepoint:

I smell a new poll. :whistle:

I wouldnt know how (:

I wouldnt know how (:

Me either,this new fangled stuff. :preach:

About 10,000 or so plus probably around 50-75 hc/tpb's. I do sell books from time to time when the need for money arises, which is often as I'm a full-time student and part-time low wage earner.

Most books I sell I'm not too worried about once their gone, but sometimes even when I sell duplicates I feel a void where they once where. :(

About 6000 raw and 100 slabbed

4250 total books, and growing (although not nearly fast enough)

Awwwwww! That's so cute. :applause:

Yeah Yeah I know compared to some of the totals I have seen in this thread, my collection is insignificant. My wife, however, would disagree with that assessment. I can only imagine how she will be when I make it to the 10000+ range!!

About 6000 raw and 100 slabbed

4250 total books, and growing (although not nearly fast enough)

Awwwwww! That's so cute. :applause:

Yeah Yeah I know compared to some of the totals I have seen in this thread, my collection is insignificant. My wife, however, would disagree with that assessment. I can only imagine how she will be when I make it to the 10000+ range!!

:roflmao:

Did you have your books before you were married?

I tell my wife if she doesn't like it,there's the door.I had em before her,and I'll have em after her. (thumbs u

Yeah I did, so I guess that is why she puts up with it. I would have a bigger collection but when I got married the 1st time (keep the snickering to a minimum please) I let that wife convince me to sell a bunch of my collectible stuff. Magic Cards (from the original alpha and beta sets), 1st print sci-fi novels and about 1/3 of my comics. Thank god I didn't get rid of everything. I may be in jail if that were the case!

Edited by wasteddraftpicks

Yeah I did, so I guess that is why she puts up with it. I would have a bigger collection but when I got married the 1st time (keep the snickering to a minimum please) I let that wife convince me to sell a bunch of my collectible stuff. Magic Cards (from the original alpha and beta sets), 1st print sci-fi novels and about 1/3 of my comics. Thank god I didn't get rid of everything. I may be in jail if that were the case!
:whatev: My wife.....Huh? hm Let's just say I'm an exterminator by trade,and it sure would suck for her to accidently get into my rat bait. lol

I have a little over 600, only about 20 graded books. I'm a lot younger than a lot of you guys though (29). It blows my mind when I read some of the numbers posted here. Your spouses must have a ton of patience. Mine would murder me, and use my books to clean up the blood.

Which really is the saddest part...

Sincerely,

The little engine that could.

:whatev: My wife.....Huh? hm Let's just say I'm an exterminator by trade,and it sure would suck for her to accidently get into my rat bait. lol

(worship) I may need you to come stay at my house for a bit Dave