• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do We Need Cheesecake Photos in Signatures?

165 posts in this topic

Sigs like these were banned a while back. Now the pendulum has swung back (way back in recent weeks). Personally, I've always left sigs on because I like to see them. But I'm considering turning them off now.

BTW - you can't adblock an image that is a board attachment without blocking all board attachment images!

sure you can. just did it.

I'm at work using IE so it's irrelevant, but how can you block one boards.collectors-society.com image and not all?

actually, blocking a single image is the default in my version of Adblock. blocking whole sites requires wildcards, in my experience

I like to hit the boards a few times a day to get away from the grind of the office for a few minutes. It's becoming increasingly difficult to scan these threads because of the prevalence of (large) barely contained boob and butt cheek photos spreading through signatures like wildfire. All I need is for a co-worker or my boss to enter my office and it looks like I'm surfing somewhere I am not supposed to be.

I'm not a prude, but is these photos really necessary?

Yes, I know I can turn off signatures, but I do like to read peoples' want lists, websites, etc.

I agree. My eight year old daughter was sitting with me the other night looking at some of the recent purchases and all of a sudden "boom" there was a classic picture in a sig line. I had to shut down the link...but I was to late. She asked who the naked woman was and proceeded to tell my wife there were pictures of naked women in the comic books.

Try explaining that to your wife especially if she thinks being in a chat room is a waste of time to begin with. I think we are all adults here and there is a time and place for everything.

Maybe just lose the image on the left. (after a few minutes notice to those that want to save it) and call it a good compromise. confused-smiley-013.gif

Keep the one on the right. wink.gif

I just turned signatures off, works great and it was easy. I change the channel or turn the tv off when there's something on I don't like.

Not quite the same.

Turning off sigs is like blocking every channel on the TV when there is something on a few channels that you don't want to see.

I have an uncontrollable urge to buy Lee jeans for some strange reason.

Nick, what website are you getting those pics from? Once I have that link, the sig line can go buhbye.

I like to hit the boards a few times a day to get away from the grind of the office for a few minutes. It's becoming increasingly difficult to scan these threads because of the prevalence of (large) barely contained boob and butt cheek photos spreading through signatures like wildfire. All I need is for a co-worker or my boss to enter my office and it looks like I'm surfing somewhere I am not supposed to be.

I'm not a prude, but is these photos really necessary?

Yes, I know I can turn off signatures, but I do like to read peoples' want lists, websites, etc.

Thank you! I was looking at thread for telepath at work while I was between classes and BAM! I had to quick hit back on my browser. Not that it is horrible, but I can't have that one my computer at work, even if I am just looking for a brief second.

Bottom line, hurts sales, no other way to say it! confused-smiley-013.gif

yeahok.gif

meh.gif' alt='yeahok.gif.2c943c5feccdfcb35fdda0336711a3a8.gif' alt='meh'>.gif'>

Hated to do it, but it IS much easier to read threads now. smile.gif

BTW - don't you hate it when members talk about having sigs turned off because they are so annoying yet still have their own signature up.

yeahok.gif

meh.gif' alt='yeahok.gif.2c943c5feccdfcb35fdda0336711a3a8.gif' alt='meh'>.gif'>

Hated to do it, but it IS much easier to read threads now. smile.gif

BTW - don't you hate it when members talk about having sigs turned off because they are so annoying yet still have their own signature up.

pot meet kettle. gossip.gif