• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would rather have?

49 posts in this topic

After all the input so far, still not one person wants a NM copy.

This is actually a comforting feeling. To me it shows that High-Grade is is not only NM (or better). People would rather have a "Collection" of books in High-Grade than one book in Ultra-High Grade.

After all the input so far, still not one person wants a NM copy.

This is actually a comforting feeling. To me it shows that High-Grade is is not only NM (or better). People would rather have a "Collection" of books in High-Grade than one book in Ultra-High Grade.

Ummm....FF wanted the NM copy! tongue.gif

I would go with the #1 b/c it's worth more than the 1-30 run in VF/NM.. and b/c I have most of the 2-30 run. The downside would be, if you have the #1 in 9.4.. everything else would have to at least be 9.4 then. :\

Brian

would go with the #1 b/c it's worth more than the 1-30 run in VF/NM.. and b/c I have most of the 2-30 run. The downside would be, if you have the #1 in 9.4.. everything else would have to at least be 9.4 then. :\

Not in today's dollars. Based on my analysis, you could purchase any of the groups for approximately the same amount of money. I have no idea 10 years from now which would be worth more.

Also, since FF says he already has most of these books blush.gif, then to a certain extent I would expect him to want the Highest Grade. But, yes I missed when he said he wanted the NM. I only saw that he would take the VF/NM and sell his.

I also expected Brian to take the NM, since he only buys NM anyway.

But that's another issue in itself. smirk.gif

I'm giving five stars to everyone. cool.gif

I don't know... I added up 1-30 in 9.0 using prices BEFORE the movie for eBay. Most of those prices on the early books are higher than they are today. Anyways, I came up with just over 50,000. I haven't been following it enough to know for sure, but I'd guess you'd have to come up with 60k in order to pick up a NM 9.4. So for what it's worth, I figure there's about a 10,000 dollars difference. smile.gif

Brian

1-100 and then proceed to crack all slabs, read the puppies, laugh at the ads and hunt through the letters pages to see which current creators were among the first fanboys grin.gif

Oh and SMELL the pages Mmmmmmmmmm cloud9.gif

I would take the ASM #1 in NM.

I have most of #1-30 in VF+ or higher, but I plan on slowly upgrading over time to NM- or higher. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif So I would take the NM, as it's a major book that would never need upgrading.

I don't have a #1 yet, and it's a book that I think is way over-priced, but essential to most Marvel Silver collectors. So if I "won" the opportunity, I would definetly take it. It's the only scenario which would land me a NM, as I can't see myself ever shelling out for a 9.4 unless I already have almost everything else I want, and I'm reaching the end of my collecting. Even then, I'd probably shop for a 9.2.

I'll take whatever is going to be the most valuable in 10 years and sell it the second I'm allowed to. I suppose that's the NM #1.

I'd rather have a run of GA Wonder Woman or Sensation, than any of your choices (don't care about ASM at all, so the only reason I'd enter the sweepstakes is to flip the prize). So if I translated the contest into something I cared about, I'd take a run of both series (forget the VF/NM stuff, I'll take lower grades so that I can get more books). G and up is fine for me -- as long as there are no missing pages, I'm happy.

Well the Consensus of the Board is ---------

There is no Consensus.

Once again, this is actually a good thing. acclaim.gif

I'll take whatever is going to be the most valuable in 10 years and sell it the second I'm allowed to. I suppose that's the NM #1.

Does everyone agree with that statement?

I not sure I do. I could see that the NM copy does not increase at all over the next 10 years (especially if a number of new NM copies get graded during that time frame). Even if the NM copy didn't increase, that would not necessarily mean that the runs of VF/NM or VF+ wouldn't increase. This could happen just because of inflation and that more and more collectors have additional dollars to spend on their collections.

Time will tell.

Nothing wrong with VF+. I'd take 1-100. I've always collected with the idea of completing runs. I already have Spider-Man 1-100 anyway, but if I had to do it all over again, that's how I would do it (VF+). laugh.gif