• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yikes. What Galactus will look like in FF2...

113 posts in this topic

From Comics2film.com... foreheadslap.gif

So We Know What GALACTUS Will Look Like Now...

Hey, everyone. ”Moriarty” here.

... and my theory is this: Tom Rothman was once molested by a giant.

No, seriously. It all makes sense now. This is the guy who absolutely resisted any attempts to put the Sentinels in any of the X-MEN movies, who once famously said, “There won’t be any giant robots in any movie my studio makes.”

And now... well, now Fox has finally locked down the look of Galactus in the film that is, I’m now hearing from people on the picture, “a heartbreaker.” And not in the good way. More in the “hates superheroes and plays more like a parody than a real film” way.

Are you ready for this?

Wanted to let you know what Galactus is going to look like / be represented as in the FF2 sequel:

A storm cloud.

Yep.

That's it. That's the solution from the creatives.

(clears throat).....pretty lame.

Think Superman/Silver Surfer flying through clouds with Galactus / Jorel VO.

My source is in the eye of the storm.

I've written reviews for your site as MegaSwarm (Fountain, Tenacious D, Scanner Darkly)

I don’t want to hate this movie. I didn’t think the first one was the worst Marvel movie ever. I also didn’t think it was a particularly good film. It was just mediocre, with a few elements that sort of kind of worked a little bit. I want a Silver Surfer/Galactus movie to be cool.

But a storm cloud?

Really?

Mr. Rothman, please just tell your therapist about where the giant touched you, then get over it and stop raping these comic book properties in an effort to settle the score, okay?

If they flub this one up, I don't know that they'll be given a third chance to strike gold. It's too bad, cause the FF deserve to be presented better.

i totally agree.

when i saw F4 in theatres I was very underwhelmed by the experience. depsite Jessica Alba, I enjoyed watching the Thing more just because he looked so freakin cool! If I see Jessica Alba in a movie, her draw should NOT be turning invisible, but I digress.

I think the first movie was poorly done, and I hope they dont ruin the F4 with the 2nd movie. They have a wonderful opportunity here to take things to the next level with Silver Surfer and Galactus - let's hope they do it right.

I guess a storm cloud, could potentially allow them to reveal something behind the cloud at some later (no.3) point.

Hollywood very rarely closes the door on anything, so this potientially is a story suspence/continuance move.

Even with no deal in the works, you can be guaranteed there has been talk of no.3 already, so they may be like 'what can we bring in for FF3?.. I know, this planet eating boss of SS, lets intro the idea in #2'

Ok, I'm trying to throw the best possible slant on this, but like everyone else, I would like to see a great show/product.

Dear Hollywood,

Pay attention.

When you follow the source material (Superman original, Batman Begins, Spider-Man 1, 2, 3, X-Men, Blade, Hellboy, 300), you get a high rate of success. And money.

When you think you are smarter than the original creators, (Punisher, Elektra, Fantastic Four, etc.) you screw the pooch. And lose money.

Sincerely,

The Watcher. :0

I'm thinking...Star Trek I - V*y*ger stlye clouds with William Shatner running the joint. Now we're talking about a FILM, baby!

Seriously, I have a felling that clouds is all we'll see of a cliffhanger that will reveal Galactus in FF3. Hope Spings Eternal.

Dear Hollywood: Dont even think of putting the Green Goblin in ANY costume other than the rubber mask movable facial features costume from the comics or your Spidey movies are DOOMED.

oh, and dont cast Michael Keaton as Batman either. If you do it will one painful disaster and out for a franchise!

costume choices are hardly as important (especially to a team as fluid as the X-Men, we're not talking Supes here) to "core creation" as whether you make Galactus a shiny happy cloud or a gigantic looming demigod of a figure towering over the earth, making skyscapers look small.

I'm thinking...Star Trek I - V*y*ger stlye clouds with William Shatner running the joint. Now we're talking about a FILM, baby!

Seriously, I have a felling that clouds is all we'll see of a cliffhanger that will reveal Galactus in FF3. Hope Spings Eternal.

that makes sense. If Dr Doom is in as we are hearing, this would make the climax of this film the battle with a depowered Surfer siding with FF to defeat the Surfer powered DD... a happy ending, a lull, with the cloud on the horizi=on a la Phoenix in XMen 2.

that could work. But, taking two seconds here to work all this out sure doesnt get me excited to see this plot take 2 hours to tell this same story. Id like to think they spent the last few years crafting a screenply MUCH more interesting and trickier.

costume choices are hardly as important (especially to a team as fluid as the X-Men, we're not talking Supes here) to "core creation" as whether you make Galactus a shiny happy cloud or a gigantic looming demigod of a figure towering over the earth, making skyscapers look small.

I dunno, whats scarier? a giant whos only bigger than buildings, or a space cloud so enormous it pland to engulf the entire planet? or solar system??

I dunno, whats scarier? a giant whos only bigger than buildings, or a space cloud so enormous it pland to engulf the entire planet? or solar system??

then say that. Snark on the newbie is beneath you. I've been lurking for two years now and have seen plenty of your posts. You are one smart cat. Engage me rather than dismiss me.

flowerred.gif

time to flex on the newbie, Aman?

You can't think Galactus as a cloud is a good idea, or respectful of the source material, can you?

cmon, I didnt even look at who I was responding to. Just the thoughts expressed. Frankly, It never occurred to me that theyd change Galactus from his comics Transformers look. (And maybe thats exactly WHY they did it so they dont look like a ripoff??)

Its just we fand always cringe and complain when news leaks out about changes from the comics lore only we small minority know so well... and when the film is good, it doesnt matter in th eend!

I mean, whats next, SPidey shoots webs from his body??? yeeechhhh!

Kirby drew clouds from time to time. None of them left anybody in awe.

But when I first saw Galactus as a kid, I totally got swept into the story.

He has the coolest helmet of all time. Hands down.

then say that. Snark on the newbie is beneath you. I've been lurking for two years now and have seen plenty of your posts. You are one smart cat. Engage me rather than dismiss me.

flowerred.gif

oh heck! Welcome to the Boards! sorry you took it that way. okay? : )

time to flex on the newbie, Aman?

You can't think Galactus as a cloud is a good idea, or respectful of the source material, can you?

cmon, I didnt even look at who I was responding to. Just the thoughts expressed. Frankly, It never occurred to me that theyd change Galactus from his comics Transformers look. (And maybe thats exactly WHY they did it so they dont look like a ripoff??)

Its just we fand always cringe and complain when news leaks out about changes from the comics lore only we small minority know so well... and when the film is good, it doesnt matter in th eend!

I mean, whats next, SPidey shoots webs from his body??? yeeechhhh!

but see, all of the examples you gave are reasonable (I happen to agree with every single one. webshooters, costume changes, minor plot points combined, etc. Michael keaton as Batman- all of those had the "spirit" of the book in mind). I think you are arguing strawman. I never complained about ANY of the things you list (and don't!)

But Galactus as a cloud? Come on.