• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper's Grail Aquisition Plan

219 posts in this topic

Paratrooper - I agree at least partly with Point Five's plan - you have lots of cool stuff - (love that GI Combat 78 personally!) what about trying to sell it off as you go along and create a separate bank or paypal account for it? I know from experience that it is hard to save & separate the cash, but you would at least be building up a war chest for the time when a lower grade copy of Action 2 with good eye appeal comes along - and having at least some of the cash on hand would make you have to stretch less to come up with the rest when you are ready to try to bag your grail??? Just thinking out loud...

My plan was "sell the books". With which part of it don't you agree? poke2.gifgrin.gif

I just viewed the whole collection, and love it!

Personally though, I'd much rather have all those cool books instead of just 1 book. confused-smiley-013.gif

But that ONE book is really hard to get, whilst these I just posted I can reaquire if I wanted.

As far as this non-trooper collection, once I'm done scanning a few dozen more books, I'll see if there's any general interest on the boards. Meaning, it's possible for me to raise enough dough for that Action #2 on ebay. Heck, I'm up for trading this collection for an Action 2 if anyone is willing on here.

I just viewed the whole collection, and love it!

Personally though, I'd much rather have all those cool books instead of just 1 book. confused-smiley-013.gif

In that case, you are 'trooper's target audience -- if you happen to have an Action Comics 2 that you're tepid about.

Jack

gossip.gif my plan was to sell them 5-10 years down the road. By then 2006 OPSG prices will be below 2012 OPSG prices.....read my mission statement.

However, if I do sell them now I understand that I may get less for some of the SA books. But I will also get over OSPG on some of them, for instance the Foxholes, G.I. Combat 78, Cole just to name a few. The final price I am guesstimating I suspect will be close.

Don't count on it. You never can tell how prices will escalate on a particular issue in 5 years.
True... look at Action 1. Went from already extremely expensive to even more extremely expensive