• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper's Grail Aquisition Plan

219 posts in this topic

Here's a ComicLink Action #2 CGC 4.5, but I think 18k is way too much. And I can't come up with that kind of dough this fast (unless I sell my house, not going to happen). I may just be patient. I know my current collection is just OK and nothing to oggle at, like BZ's, but with patience and time I'll have enough for one.

CLink Action #2

Looking at the book again I noticed the very rusty staples. Seeing as how I plan on keeping the Action #2 until I die, I would probably restore the hell out of it..just so that rust doesn't eventually kill the pages years down the road.

Why not go for a restored copy?

That is the worst looking 4.5 I have ever seen! If you are even think about 18K, look for a better copy, I bet you can find a 2.0 that has more eye appeal.

Here's a ComicLink Action #2 CGC 4.5, but I think 18k is way too much. And I can't come up with that kind of dough this fast (unless I sell my house, not going to happen). I may just be patient. I know my current collection is just OK and nothing to oggle at, like BZ's, but with patience and time I'll have enough for one.

CLink Action #2

Looking at the book again I noticed the very rusty staples. Seeing as how I plan on keeping the Action #2 until I die, I would probably restore the hell out of it..just so that rust doesn't eventually kill the pages years down the road.

Why not go for a restored copy?

That is the worst looking 4.5 I have ever seen! If you are even think about 18K, look for a better copy, I bet you can find a 2.0 that has more eye appeal.

sign-rantpost.gif It's pathetic that book gets a 4.5. It's a 2.0 without GA, rarity, and key bumps. Sometimes I think CGC likes foxing, which to me really ruins the aesthetics. *spoon* growing on a book, unless it's a genetically-engineered bacteria-eating, pH-protecting microbe, doesn't portend well for the book.. But books with rusted staples get nailed, and then get PLOD's if you burnish off that rust to conserve the book.

The ebay book would be a much better buy, if it's not restored.

27_laughing.gif whomer I completely agree 100% with your rant. And I just purchased a few CGC Blackhawk books recently off CLink. If I hadn't just spent a fortune on my trip to Antarctica I would buy that Action #2 off ebay in a heartbeat. But the whole idea of my plan is to sell my non-tooper books to fund my grail purchase.

Here are a few more books.