• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper's Grail Aquisition Plan

219 posts in this topic

yo, PT...

a nice asst of books, but I suspect Action 2 will appreciate at a much faster pace, so you will be further distanced in the future...bite the bullet my good man, and refinance the house if you have to...get a 2 now!

rick

Ha, I have two separate set of funds. Taking a second mortgage for a comic would qualify me for the looney bin! Plus, making this collection is part of the fun in earning the Action 2, makes it more rewarding when I finally do get it.

I wish you the best of luck!....

rick

makepoint.gif

The running total is $3,920. That's assuming of course in 5 or so years these books can sell at 2006 OSPG prices.

If you've noticed all these books feature a first appearance. The next batches of books will be separated into Classic Covers/Artist 1st Works/SOTI/POP categories.

How much would a VG copy of Action 2 go for nowadays?

I would say at least $12K

rick

Hey Paratrooper,

If Action #2 is definitely the grail of grails for you, I think you should consider cashing out all these books now, continue saving, and be ready to pounce. You have to figure, Action #2 is a pretty scarce book...the "right" low-grade copy for you may only come around once or twice in the next five years, and at some point it may not be available at all.

Also, I think the "true value" of the books you've posted (as opposed to the OS values) is not going to move a whole lot in five years (which is not to knock your books, as you certainly have some nice ones).

Just my two cents!

Here's a ComicLink Action #2 CGC 4.5, but I think 18k is way too much. And I can't come up with that kind of dough this fast (unless I sell my house, not going to happen). I may just be patient. I know my current collection is just OK and nothing to oggle at, like BZ's, but with patience and time I'll have enough for one.

CLink Action #2

Looking at the book again I noticed the very rusty staples. Seeing as how I plan on keeping the Action #2 until I die, I would probably restore the hell out of it..just so that rust doesn't eventually kill the pages years down the road.

Here's a ComicLink Action #2 CGC 4.5, but I think 18k is way too much. And I can't come up with that kind of dough this fast (unless I sell my house, not going to happen). I may just be patient. I know my current collection is just OK and nothing to oggle at, like BZ's, but with patience and time I'll have enough for one.

CLink Action #2

Looking at the book again I noticed the very rusty staples. Seeing as how I plan on keeping the Action #2 until I die, I would probably restore the hell out of it..just so that rust doesn't eventually kill the pages years down the road.

hey

if you are going to restore, you need to grab AWIN ebay copy (he has flexible time payments)...that is about the cheapest you might ever see an Action 2 again, and it will restore nicely based on what I have seen of the book

rick

The running total is $3,920. That's assuming of course in 5 or so years these books can sell at 2006 OSPG prices.

If you've noticed all these books feature a first appearance. The next batches of books will be separated into Classic Covers/Artist 1st Works/SOTI/POP categories.

rick

I agree with the $12,000 price estimate. A VG+ copy sold last year at a Clink auction for around $9,500 or so, but that copy has heavy foxing. It's now relisted for sale at $18,000 though.

I say spring for Metro's 6.5 copy for $22,000.

rick

I agree with the $12,000 price estimate. A VG+ copy sold last year at a Clink auction for around $9,500 or so, but that copy has heavy foxing. It's now relisted for sale at $18,000 though.

I say spring for Metro's 6.5 copy for $22,000.

Two problems with that idea 1) I've been banned from Metro (bad mouthing them) and 2) $22k is waayyyyy out of my price range.

CLink Action #2

Why not go for a restored copy?

You people are picky, the books aren't even for sale! It's just a quick guesstimate (plus I'm at work now and can't see the pics due photobucket being blocked) Stay on topic makepoint.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Good luck with the plan.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif, might be an ebay VF. insane.gif

Good luck in your attempt....

I traded a ton of books for a Planet #1 and some cash once....

less for more..

or

more for less if you're really thinking about it.

Two problems with that idea 1) I've been banned from Metro (bad mouthing them) and 2) $22k is waayyyyy out of my price range.

Whatever happened to the Lost Valley copy of this book? I seem to recall it going for right around 10k, right? Here's a scan I had saved:

1758772-action2.jpg

1758772-action2.jpg.2968dd0c7fce8cba14bedca0f6de1c16.jpg