• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legion of Super Heroes...silver age to present!

323 posts in this topic

I'm not sure that Danny intended a sequential series of scans, but if so we have quite a few gaps prior to Adventure #305....

Action #284 Mon-El app.

Action #285 12th Legion

Action #287 1st Bouncing Boy

Action #288 Mon-El app.

Lois Lane #33 Mon-El app.

Superboy #98 1st Ultra-Boy; joins Legion

Action #290

Superboy #100

Superman #156

Superman #157

Action #297

Action #298

...all published before Adventure #305, so all the above need posting!

Here's 306.

adventure306.jpg

A beautiful example of a book that rarely shows in high grade. #301 to the early #320s are not easy in high grade. The #330s onwards are so much easier. Just shows what a difference a few years can make for SA DC. 1965 has long been a boundary for DC collectors in terms of difficulty in high grade.

I'm not sure that Danny intended a sequential series of scans, but if so we have quite a few gaps prior to Adventure #305....

Action #284 Mon-El app.

Action #285 12th Legion

Action #287 1st Bouncing Boy

Action #288 Mon-El app.

Lois Lane #33 Mon-El app.

Superboy #98 1st Ultra-Boy; joins Legion

Action #290

Superboy #100

Superman #156

Superman #157

Action #297

Action #298

...all published before Adventure #305, so all the above need posting!

I never intended to start posting sequentially, it's just that all had had scanned are the earliest stuff, so I started posting that way. Plus, for those who were'nt hard core LSH collectors, I thought it would be fun to see what a mix of titles the earliest appearances were in prior to Adventure 300 finally starting the series. As I have stated before, Adventure 300 is SO under rated as a key....it should easily be up there with things like Hawkman 1, Atom 1, a few Showcases....and it is SO hard to find in nice shape.

Anyways, I still have'nt scanned any additional issues yet, so here are some more appearances pre Adventure 300's:

12th Legion appearance and key Action with mega cool Supergirl cover...this one is a classic:

act285.jpg

and has been posted before, here is another Adventure 293...the 13th appearance of the Legion, and I think it's been stated that this is a pretty tough issue to get in nice shape. Another cool cover:

adv293.jpg

I can't remember what is considered the 14th appearance but OS says this is the 15th (why did they note such facts anyways, they don't do that for any other hero or group) Anyways, Action 287:

act287.jpg

Nice books, Silver. I have not contributed much to this thread, so here are a few Adventures WAY out of sequence. But, it's a related out of sequence posting as these issues all reprint classic early Legion tales, with some covers featuring said classic tales. These digest size books are from the early 80s:

AdventureComics491.jpg

AdventureComics492.jpg

AdventureComics493.jpg

AdventureComics494.jpg

AdventureComics495.jpg

AdventureComics496.jpg

AdventureComics497.jpg

AdventureComics498.jpg

AdventureComics499.jpg

AdventureComics500.jpg

AdventureComics501.jpg

AdventureComics502.jpg

AdventureComics503.jpg

A beautiful example of a book that rarely shows in high grade. #301 to the early #320s are not easy in high grade. The #330s onwards are so much easier. Just shows what a difference a few years can make for SA DC. 1965 has long been a boundary for DC collectors in terms of difficulty in high grade.

Could not agree more. 310 and below are extremely difficult. Some 9.4s and early 9.6s of the early issues have appeared in the Census, many of which I believe are the Pacific Coast copies. Early Legion Adventures are a title where I have really not seen any notable representation from the major SA pedigrees (except thus far for PC).

Nice books, Silver. I have not contributed much to this thread, so here are a few Adventures WAY out of sequence. But, it's a related out of sequence posting as these issues all reprint classic early Legion tales, with some covers featuring said classic tales. These digest size books are from the early 80s:

...and even though they're not very old, they are a SOB to find-- and I'm not even a condition fanatic. I have 4 of them, found by dumb luck, and the others languish on my want list.

AdventureComics502.jpg

Cool cover. Most artists went out of their way to make Dream Girl the sexiest Legionnaire.

Jack

(and her complement, Night Girl)