• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legion of Super Heroes...silver age to present!

323 posts in this topic

Don't think this one has been posted yet. While not a LSH cover appearance it does contain a LSH story. Early 12 cent Adventures are pretty difficult to get in HG...if this was any Marvel Superhero comic from the same month it would be worth :luhv:

adv305.jpg

First issue of the run in Action Comics after Adventure 380 and Supergirl had taken over that title. The Legion never had a Action cover, but they got billing on the top of each issue. Some great covers on Action Comics during the early bronze age period with many Swan/Anderson covers:

act377.jpg

So...Great Collection. :golfclap:

One Question:

After being put in prison.

adv321.jpg

did Lightning Lad have an operation MB-Operation.jpg to become Lightning Lass?

adv311.jpg

lol

:gossip: Lightning Lass is Lightning Lad's sister who joins the Legion in issue 308, After Lightning Lad's "death" in issue 304. These were fairly ground breaking events for 1963, as neither company was killing off characters yet.

adv308.jpg

Lightning Lad was resurrected in issue 312

adv312.jpg

Now there were two lightning powered characters in the Legion...oh my, what to do!

Lightning Lass beacame Light Lass in issue 317. Sorry, don't have that issue scanned yet, but I am sure one of my friends, say from England, could oblige us. :shy:

It looks like the Legion (i.e.Adventure 247) is going to get the boot unless there is a miracle that could save them like the sacrifice of another DC 2nd books.

Anyone who was thinking of voting ( perfhaps more than once. I wink.gif)

Afterall who else might bring out a cover like this

legion9348.jpg

Ya know, looking at this scan reminds me how much I enjoyed this series when it was coming out. Very good reads!

I really like this cover! I always thought that these 15 cent Actions had covers that made you want to read the stories. The Legions continues in this issue and onto 392, at which time they bounce over to random non regular appearances in Superboy.

act381.jpg

Just read through this whole thread. Great stuff!

I didn't see a couple of the early, pre-Adventure appearances posted...

Here's Supes 152, 15th appearance or thereabouts...

42797-scan00092.jpg.9fbe14bc7b3697f31a7c2f8830ab8efd.jpg