• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legion of Super Heroes...silver age to present!

323 posts in this topic

The 293 is a very difficult issue to find in nicer condition, that 300 looks like the best I have ever seen and may be one of the most under appreciated "keys" from that period. For the Legion to basically take over a book that Superboy had owned for nearly 200 issues was quite a feat. Can you imagine if they had started "The Legion of Super-Heroes" with #1 in 1962.....what a difference in value a number makes...

AdventureComics293-1.jpg

:mad: You're killing me here!

You've got at least 2 of the Legion issues below #300 in 9.4, which is extremely impressive to say the least! (worship)

Like you don't own a minor appearance of the Legion in a pre-300 issue of Adventure? :baiting::kidaround:

You've got at least 2 of the Legion issues below #300 in 9.4, which is extremely impressive to say the least! (worship)

Like you don't own a minor appearance of the Legion in a pre-300 issue of Adventure? :baiting::kidaround:

Yeah, but I haven't been able to acquire a single copy of any of the other pre-300 issues! :pullhair:

Adventure Comics #370 has a really nice look to it. The Mordru tale is one of the best.

I remember reading #369 with a growing sense of doom - nothing to do with Mordru - I was realizing that the story would not finish in that issue! The final splash page was a cliffhanger to remember. Spider-man #48 has a similar feel for sheer emotional drama.

adv370.jpg

This cover must surely be one of the cutest Legion x-overs ever!

jo76a.jpg

Nice Legion books. Most of the Adventure run had really great covers.

I've never seen this Jimmy Olsen before. It is now on my must buy list.