• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommended titles for 8-year old girl?

39 posts in this topic

Archie - Not my cup of tea personally

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

I buy comics for an 8 year old girl and her favorites are Lulu, Disney, Bone and Akiko thumbsup2.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif I've never been an Archie fan, but they are great kids comics. thumbsup2.gif

Bone is good stuff. Can't go wrong with that, as well as pretty much any kids type titles put out by Dell/Gold Key/Whitman and Charlton. But you already know that. grin.gif

...Bone...

Bone is good stuff. ...

Tintin -- my son loved them at that age, and I don't think they're gender-specific.

Always in print in multiple editions, very inexpensive if you find them used.

Jack

I'm kinda surprised at some of the suggested titles... even Archie seems a bit 'grown up' for an 8-year old? Not to mention fairly boring for that age?

Let the kid stay a kid for a couple more years; wean her on Little Lulu and Barks duck books...she'll be seeking out the other stuff in due course...

I've got a soon-to-be 14-year old, so this is to some extent the voice of experience talking... those truly wonderful years of innocent exploration and discovery will end soon enough without any assistance from Mary Jane and Veronica Lodge...

I'm kinda surprised at some of the suggested titles... even Archie seems a bit 'grown up' for an 8-year old? Not to mention fairly boring for that age?

Let the kid stay a kid for a couple more years; wean her on Little Lulu and Barks duck books...she'll be seeking out the other stuff in due course...

I've got a soon-to-be 14-year old, so this is to some extent the voice of experience talking... those truly wonderful years of innocent exploration and discovery will end soon enough without any assistance from Mary Jane and Veronica Lodge...

its best to learn from mary jane than on the streets!!

Oh I completely agree...but I guess what I'm saying is, "don't let the 8-year old out on the streets yet" confused-smiley-013.gif She'll find the door on her own soon enough...

Oh I completely agree...but I guess what I'm saying is, "don't let the 8-year old out on the streets yet" confused-smiley-013.gif She'll find the door on her own soon enough...

They always do......

My GF's 11 year old girl loved Herobear and the Kid and Bone.

ya know...i really had to read this statement 3 times.

the first two times I was sure it said your GF is 11.

foreheadslap.gif

My GF's 11 year old girl loved Herobear and the Kid and Bone.

ya know...i really had to read this statement 3 times.

the first two times I was sure it said your GF is 11.

foreheadslap.gif

And that would be wrong because....