• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's gone up in the new Overstreet?

55 posts in this topic

First things I've noticed--

Lots of early Marvel superhero books up minutely ($1 to $2 in GD)

Certain GA also up like a buck in GD (look at Jumbo or Jungle and you'll see lots stay the same but certain tiers up a touch)

Batman 227 up to $70 in 9.2 (15%+)

X-Men 94 up quite a bit (about 12%) in the low grades where something like Incredible Hulk 181 is barely up

Iron Fist 1 and Iron Man 1 the same for low-mid-grade as last year

Early Turoks following the same pattern as certain GA books, ie lots the same but something like issues 21-30 up $1 in GD, $3 in FN, etc. Late Turoks saw a very nice increase in 9.2

The first three Uncle Scrooge Four Colors went up which seems screwy to me because they were actually lowered a few pct. like two years ago. Not sure what the point is.

Well, that's all I've noticed so far. What are you guys seeing?

I'm not sure, but I believe the biggest percentage jump in the Guide was Iron Fist 14 35 cent variant.

Prices on 30 cent variants (see the "Price Variant Club" thread) are completely out of whack.

Where can I buy 2.0 Fantastic Four 1s for $1,050? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Early Turoks following the same pattern as certain GA books, ie lots the same but something like issues 21-30 up $1 in GD, $3 in FN, etc. Late Turoks saw a very nice increase in 9.2

Got to be the tth2 effect tongue.gif

Got to be the tth2 effect tongue.gif

More the Sulipa effect I'd think.

I love Westerns! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I am annoyed there are no Top 10 War books, but there is one for Westerns. I mean there quite a few War threads on here.

Westerns rock headbang.gif

Yea but War books sell!! poke2.gif

I like Westerns, but War comics, especially at DC and E.C., were less genre-bound. DC especially put a lot more effort and talent into their War titles, which (in the case of OAAW and SSWS) went from strength to strength.

So there should've been a Top 10 War book list, dammit.