• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invincible

25 posts in this topic

I don't read many ongoing titles, but Invincible is my favorite of the bunch. Great storytelling, action, humor, surprises, & twists. Absolutely an intertaining read. I recommend anyone who hasn't tried it yet to at least read the first two trades (issues 1-8 I believe) thumbsup2.gif

Been reading it monthly since the begining. It has alot going on and it is better to read a few issues at a time or in trade like those above have mentioned. It reminds me of the way Savage Dragon is written in that it constantly has sub-plots running that sometimes take a while to resolve. Realistic dialog and crisp clean art make this a solid book every month. It is probably the best super-hero book not being published by the big 2 in my opinion -----------------------J

It's pretty popular around here. I've been reading it since the beginning and it hasn't lost a beat. Love the recent Sequid storyline. Even the dialogue with his girlfriend and the college guy are great. I just hope Kirkman doesn't take a lame approach and make him a villian.

The hard part is getting non-comic lovers to read it. I can get them to read Walking Dead, Fell, and especially Y: the Last Man. They all have a fascinating realism. But the artwork and superhero genre makes it a tough sell. It's also hard to describe what's so good about it. Fun is the first word I think of. But that doesn't sound very enticing.

Pat

I don't read many ongoing titles, but Invincible is my favorite of the bunch. Great storytelling, action, humor, surprises, & twists. Absolutely an intertaining read. I recommend anyone who hasn't tried it yet to at least read the first two trades (issues 1-8 I believe) thumbsup2.gif

Gee who would have guess with your avatar? 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

I got all the trades that are out.

Great stuff! thumbsup2.gif

it's really starting to grow on me. I have read it sporatically but finally bought the omnibus and it's a good read. I like Robot.

Will/have the trades reprinted the back-up Capes story? Though it's a bit silly and has some clear Marvel/DC character ripoffs, I like it for a quick & fun read. One character clearly looks like a lame Wolverine while another is a tad bit better Batman (meaning bit better than the lame Wolverine character).

Pat

Will/have the trades reprinted the back-up Capes story? Though it's a bit silly and has some clear Marvel/DC character ripoffs, I like it for a quick & fun read. One character clearly looks like a lame Wolverine while another is a tad bit better Batman (meaning bit better than the lame Wolverine character).

Pat

There was a capes series by the same team. Kirkman and that watered down larsen guy. Just thought i would mention it in case you didn't know. I don't think it ran more than a few issues though---

Hey Pat,

I don't think there's been a Capes trade yet but I seem to recall hearing that the backups will be collected with the original three issues (that's all there was of the series) as soon as the current arc in the backups wraps. Not sure if it'll be included in a future Invincible hardcover collection or just its own trade.

-Bob

Pat

In the 6 vols I have there is no back-up story, just the main one. confused-smiley-013.gif

Pat

i didn't see the characters looking familiar as being a rip-off, but more of Kirkman just tipping his hat to what probably influenced him when he was young.

i'm up to issue 13. the twist in the story is great!

Ripoff or tip to the hat, all I mean is that it's heavily influenced by Marvel/DC characters. That kind of stuff doesn't bother me. In fact, I loved it in Top Ten. Was always a challenge to identify characters in the background. The most obvious and best was the huge Galactus character.

Pat

I really like Invincible as well.

I highly recommend anyone that likes it to pick up a copy of the new Kirkman book coming out on FCBD, The Astounding Wolf-Man #1. It's done in much the same style as Invincible and is a fun read with a lot of potential.

Yeah! No excuse in the world for not reading this one. The price is right.

One of my budies has the HC edition /300 (signed)...he offered it to me. What would be a fair price, anyone know? Would it be worth picking up (I haven't read any of the series).