• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 227 CGC 9.4 sold at $950!

15 posts in this topic

Total include BP = $1,135.25

I was surprised that the Batman #232 CGC 9.4 sold for $836.50 (including BP). You can still pick slabbed 9.4 copies up for less than $500 if you look hard enough.

While eye opening, it does not surprise me. If ever there was an issue where guide did not apply, it is this one.

Old label. Maybe someone thinks they can get a 9.6 out of it.
Exactly what I was thinking.. thumbsup2.gif

What if it was already pressed though?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Ze-

I didn't necessarily mean by pressing. With an old label, sometimes all it takes is a stright re-sub.

I know, I used the wrong graemlin.

I keep forgetting to insert that pesky sarcasm one.

smirk.gif

BTW, Hows the wife? And her new laptop.

Ze-

it is relatively rare in high grade though

I'm sure most of us could find things we'd rather spend $1100 on, but for the buyer of this, Batman 227 was what he wanted, and was obviously prepared to pay for.

It makes me sad to think I could have been buying NM Batman comics like this around 1985 for about $2 or $3 each. I should have bought dozens of them.... because at least a couple of them would have been 9.4's. Hindsight... frown.gif

In 1985 the only post-1970's Batman comics worth anything were issues with Neal Adams interior art... and those were still going for about $8 each in NM for many years in the guide. Issues like #227 could be had for next to nothing.