• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How popular is Action Comics vs. Detective Comics ?

47 posts in this topic

Batman has many interesting villians who are ALL very popular villans.Supes only has Luthor and he does not compare to Bats villians popularity.

Supes had Japanazis! headbang.gif

Action Comics. Superman has a longevity that Batman will never realize. Once this whole Bat craze wears off from the movies, people will still talk about Superman on tv, put his name in rap songs and continue to dream of flying.

these Boards are full of what appears to be a very large dominant percentage of Batman/Detective threads,

yes, but mostly started by one man, dizzyfox tongue.gif

other than the PRE-Robin 'Tecs, I don't see too much attention toward the issues after #38, heck, I remember a thread where people were slamming 'Tec 38, and that's a major key blush.gif.

I'm an Action/Superman collector, and I'm after all the issues every other collector is after, the war/patriotic/classic covers, plus I'm currently trying to get a run of Action from #40-50. which don't turn up too often in "collectible" condition.

but like Durden08 said, you don't see too many of the early Actions up for sale such as the #7,#10, #13, look how fast the BIN was popped on eBay for $6k when GreatEscape listed his Action #13 on eBay just last week.. and looks like Metro has sold there #19 in 5.0. after being on there website just one week.

I love Batman as do most, he's my second fav after Big Blue, and I do intend to get a few of GA Bats/Tecs once I complete my Action/Supes books, but for me, I only have a select few that I'd like to have, such as Batman #9 and #11, and I've always LOVED 'Tec #44. I love the pre- Batman 'Tecs as well, very nice stuff.

as far as the collecting community as a whole goes, I'd say that Action/Detective are fairly even.

I've always thought the early tec covers (27-38) are more appealing than the early action Superman covers. But once you hit the early 40s and WWII then Superman/Action beat out Batman Detective all day long. Even the silly covers like Superman 12 are better than the Batman Hitler Hirohito cover.

Superman 13 14 15 17 23 24 26 vs Batman 11 15 16 17 18 anything in the 20's

Action 40-50 vs Tec 50-60

Hands down Superman