• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harbinger

64 posts in this topic

What kind of sucks is I remember seeing that very copy amongst others in a dollar bin at a comic convention in San Jose some years back... but I distinctly remember NOT buying it. Instead, I picked up other Shadowmans with painted covers since I didn't know the difference at the time. :makepoint:

The Harbinger hardcover book is not out until August 29th,

but they had a few on hand at WW-Chicago.

Here's a photo from one of the guys that got one...

HTBHC_open.jpg

List price is $24.95, but Amazon's got them for $16.50...

http://www.amazon.com/Harbinger-Beginning-Jim-Shooter/dp/0979640903

I also posted this in the "Modern" section, but since it reprints (and expands) a Copper Age story (200 pages!), I guess it fits here pretty well, too. (thumbs u

The Harbinger hardcover book is not out until August 29th,

but they had a few on hand at WW-Chicago.

Here's a photo from one of the guys that got one...

HTBHC_open.jpg

List price is $24.95, but Amazon's got them for $16.50...

I also posted this in the "Modern" section, but since it reprints (and expands) a Copper Age story (200 pages!), I guess it fits here pretty well, too. (thumbs u

These have already been shipping from Amazon.com...

ranked in the Top 20 for Graphic Novels (as of the time I'm typing this). (thumbs u

What are raw copies of harbinger #1 going for in NM+?

I've been seeing raw NM copies selling between the ranges of $20 - $45 lately. Slabbed 9.6 has been going for $75 - $100.

Really? hm

I've been seeing raw NM copies selling between the ranges of $20 - $45 lately. Slabbed 9.6 has been going for $75 - $100.

Really? hm

Actually I'm just kidding with you. They're 50 cent fodders, but I'll take any copies off your hands for a buck each. :grin:

Really? hm

Actually I'm just kidding with you. They're 50 cent fodders, but I'll take any copies off your hands for a buck each. :grin:

(tsk)

Very interesting... time to go to storage and look through those 6+ longs of Valiant "*spoon*"

---------------------------------

Harbinger 1 was never a dollar box book, even at the nadir of the Valiant implosion. Harbinger 25, on the other hand, copies of that fill up entire landfills. I believe they built a city in China out of copies of Turok 1.

Believe me, I was looking. If it was, I would have bought every copy of Harbinger 1 I saw along with every #1 of the other early Valiant titles (Solar and, to a lesser extent, Magnus... X-O was a bit later, no? If not, that too.). I believe my LCS let me buy a stack of Magnus 1s for cover price after the implosion though.

I did pluck a copy of the tpb with the comic that came along with it out of a dollar box though. Weren't those like $20-$50 at the height of the insanity? I remember being at a show in 1993 and someone being ecstatic over a dealer having them for $20. Little did he know that the dealer was probably trying to dump them as fast as he could.

That depends on where you live, I guess. I was able to pick up multiples of most Valiants, including Harby #1 and #0 pink, Rai #3 and #4, and all Golds/Reds/VVSS were available for $0.25 - $0.50 apiece between 1998 - 20001. The only ones that cost a bit more were the TPBs (I think I found 3 or 4 Magnus/Predators TPBs for less than cover) and the Solar HC. However, the price was hearing the LCS owners person_without_enough_empathy about how Jim Shooter and Valiant ruined the comic industry, even though they were the ones putting the $100 - $300 price tags on the dealer incentives as soon as they came out.

There is a small local dealer that still sells most pre-unitys for $0.50 apiece.:baiting:

Very interesting... time to go to storage and look through those 6+ longs of Valiant "*spoon*"

Harbinger 1 was never a dollar box book, even at the nadir of the Valiant implosion. Harbinger 25, on the other hand, copies of that fill up entire landfills. I believe they built a city in China out of copies of Turok 1.

Believe me, I was looking. If it was, I would have bought every copy of Harbinger 1 I saw along with every #1 of the other early Valiant titles (Solar and, to a lesser extent, Magnus... X-O was a bit later, no? If not, that too.). I believe my LCS let me buy a stack of Magnus 1s for cover price after the implosion though.

I did pluck a copy of the tpb with the comic that came along with it out of a dollar box though. Weren't those like $20-$50 at the height of the insanity? I remember being at a show in 1993 and someone being ecstatic over a dealer having them for $20. Little did he know that the dealer was probably trying to dump them as fast as he could.

That depends on where you live, I guess. I was able to pick up multiples of most Valiants, including Harby #1 and #0 pink, Rai #3 and #4, and all Golds/Reds/VVSS were available for $0.25 - $0.50 apiece between 1998 - 20001. The only ones that cost a bit more were the TPBs (I think I found 3 or 4 Magnus/Predators TPBs for less than cover) and the Solar HC. However, the price was hearing the LCS owners person_without_enough_empathy about how Jim Shooter and Valiant ruined the comic industry, even though they were the ones putting the $100 - $300 price tags on the dealer incentives as soon as they came out.

There is a small local dealer that still sells most pre-unitys for $0.50 apiece.:baiting:

This is one of those slow cultural rises. A huge fan base for anything Valiant exist and most LCS are just now starting to take note. (Not all, just most. So you can still find those $0.50 pre-unitys). Unfortunately these books are worth a Ben Franklin at most in the best conditions yet I've seen comic conventions were dealers charge 1990 prices in the hopes to find a sucke...er, customer.

This is one of those slow cultural rises. A huge fan base for anything Valiant exist and most LCS are just now starting to take note. (Not all, just most. So you can still find those $0.50 pre-unitys). Unfortunately these books are worth a Ben Franklin at most in the best conditions yet I've seen comic conventions were dealers charge 1990 prices in the hopes to find a sucke...er, customer.

Yup, nowadays I see more and more dealers charging ridiculous prices for their Valiants. I was lucky enough to pick up a cache load of pre-unities and key Valiants like Harby Pinks, Magnus 0's for a buck each in the early 2006 Big Apple Show. I believe the dealer was Silver Comics if I remember. He had tons of boxes marked $1 each. Since then I haven't had any luck finding Valiants for cheap now that Wizard let the word out and dealers are more aware that their boxes of paperweight might actually be worth something.

ories)

Really? hm

Joey, stik those in you next $1 sale, and I'll take them. Yeah, that guty is a cheapskate! :lol: )

Yup, nowadays I see more and more dealers charging ridiculous prices for their Valiants. I was lucky enough to pick up a cache load of pre-unities and key Valiants like Harby Pinks, Magnus 0's for a buck each in the early 2006 Big Apple Show. I believe the dealer was Silver Comics if I remember. He had tons of boxes marked $1 each. Since then I haven't had any luck finding Valiants for cheap now that Wizard let the word out and dealers are more aware that their boxes of paperweight might actually be worth something.

What Valiant issues are heating up? I am sure I have a few long boxes buried with early valiant books.

What Valiant issues are heating up? I am sure I have a few long boxes buried with early valiant books.

Anything pre-unity, variant covers, valiant signature series (include the certificate please), last issues of long running series.

So to break this down Valiantman style:

1) Pre-Unity books are probably worth $5 to $20 a book depending on issue.

2) Variants to various books can be worth anywhere between $10 and $100. Again, depending on the issue

3) Valiant Signature Series are worth between $5 and $200 dollars depending on the book (and in this case, the later signed books are oddly worth more then the earlier ones). Are you seeing a pattern yet? ;)

4) Last issues of runs that lasted into their 20's generally sell between $2 and $10.

Of course, this all means NM+ conditions. So if you have a book that's vf/nm, it's still $0.50.

And if your not confused yet and you want additional information you should really head to valiantcomics.com where Valiantman keeps track of all raw eBay sells in his online price guide. Usually pretty accurate. (Sure beats anything else out there).

ories)

Really? hm

Joey, stik those in you next $1 sale, and I'll take them. Yeah, that guty is a cheapskate! :lol: ories)

I would have to look but I am certain I have a long box of those buried somewhere. May not all be #1's but even if 20 or more are its worth looking for.