• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MZ vs. AoD #3 cover

34 posts in this topic

Supposedly "Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man"

The building is reminicent of that, but I recognize the poses from some other cover.

Hmmmmm....I'll do some digging and see if I can figure it out thumbsup2.gif

Wow, you just couldn't agree with Newt, could you? You two are like an old married couple. poke2.gif

What did Newt claim it was an homage to? popcorn.gif

Same thing you did.

Doesn't look like the Supes vs. Spidey cover at all really.

Agreed, but I think I remember reading somewhere that it was the intended inspiration. I can't find the link now though...

It could absolutely be something totally different...

Agreed, but I think I remember reading somewhere that it was the intended inspiration. I can't find the link now though...

His covers have never been that off from the original though. Seems odd that he would ignore the original poses, etc.

His covers have never been that off from the original though. Seems odd that he would ignore the original poses, etc.

That's kind of what I was thinking too

from wiki

* The cover of each issue of the Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness mini-series ia a parody and/or homage of a famous cover from Marvel history, featuring zombie versions of the characters. All cover art is by Arthur Suydam.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #1, 1st printing is an homage to X-Men #141 by John Byrne.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #1, variant printing is an homage to Uncanny X-Men #137 by John Byrne.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #1, 2nd printing is an homage to Captain America #1 by Jack Kirby.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #2, is an homage to Uncanny X-Men #268 by Jim Lee.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #3, is an homage to Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #3, variant printing is an homage to The Death of Captain Marvel GN by Jim Starlin.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #4, is an homage to Captain America #100 by Jack Kirby.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #5, is an homage to Wolverine #1 by Frank Miller.

I've also got an email in to Arthur asking for clarification

from wiki

* The cover of each issue of the Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness mini-series ia a parody and/or homage of a famous cover from Marvel history, featuring zombie versions of the characters. All cover art is by Arthur Suydam.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #1, 1st printing is an homage to X-Men #141 by John Byrne.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #1, variant printing is an homage to Uncanny X-Men #137 by John Byrne.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #1, 2nd printing is an homage to Captain America #1 by Jack Kirby.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #2, is an homage to Uncanny X-Men #268 by Jim Lee.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #3, is an homage to Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #3, variant printing is an homage to The Death of Captain Marvel GN by Jim Starlin.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #4, is an homage to Captain America #100 by Jack Kirby.

* Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #5, is an homage to Wolverine #1 by Frank Miller.

I've also got an email in to Arthur asking for clarification

Wikipedia is user submitted, it can be wrong. 893naughty-thumb.gif

which is why the statement in bold is below it yeahok.gif
So why bother with the stuff above it? screwy.gif

Just posting a source, yea it might not be accurate but what is on the internet?

On another note:

I wonder for the cap 100 homage if Arthur will just touch up the poster he made for heroescon a couple years ago.

It looks like a homage to Superman vs. Spider-man to me. The building is very close. Even Ash's hand pose is similar to Supermans. They may have told Suydam to alter the replication in an effort to not provoke DC (lawsuit potential?).

Pat