• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeff & Julie's epic adventure(full of heart-pounding action!)

97 posts in this topic

Any talk of using steroids to improve/mature lung capacity?

Yes, Julie got the steroids 6 weeks ago when this all started.

The doctor is planning to induce Friday morning, unless the little guy decides to come sooner. yay.gif

Then the lungs should be fine 893crossfingers-thumb.gif.

When our twins decided to come five weeks early, they only had steroids 3 days before they were born.

Best wishes!

We're in the labor room right now. They're going to have Julie start pushing soon. It's been a tough day on her so far, but she's doing great. 893applaud-thumb.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

We're in the labor room right now. They're going to have Julie start pushing soon. It's been a tough day on her so far, but she's doing great. 893applaud-thumb.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Um...you brought your laptop into the labor room to keep up to date with the board discussions?? You better hope they gave your wife drugs... 893whatthe.gif

BTW 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Um...you brought your laptop into the labor room to keep up to date with the board discussions?? You better hope they gave your wife drugs... 893whatthe.gif

Why? Is that bad?

"Honey, there is a new pressing thread in Comics General right now. I will brb, keep pushing you are doing GREAT!!"

Ze-

Why? Is that bad?

"Honey, there is a new pressing thread in Comics General right now. I will brb, keep pushing you are doing GREAT!!"

Ze-

27_laughing.gif

But seriously, you really are on the Boards whilst the missus is in labour? You have got a giant pair m'man.

Hope everything comes out OK (so to speak)

thumbsup2.gif

Why? Is that bad?

Ze-

27_laughing.gif

But seriously, you really are on the Boards whilst the missus is in labour? You have got a giant pair m'man.

Hope everything comes out OK (so to speak)

thumbsup2.gif

Keep in mind, that Julie has been in the hospital nearly 6 weeks. The delivery date has been preplanned for inducing labor. He stated that they were going to have Julie start pushing "soon". I did check who's online shortly after Jeff made the post, and he wasn't online. I just hope that everything went ok. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Well, Julie pushed for 2 1/2 hours before the doctor decided that the baby just wasn't going to come out that way. So, they did a C section, and William Larkin Delaney was born last night at 10:09 PM. As expected, his lungs were not fully mature, so they're helping him breath for a while in the NICU(neo-natal intensive care unit). He could be there for a couple of days or a couple of weeks, we just don't know yet. But, all signs point to us going home with a healthy baby, and we're absolutely thrilled.

He's pretty damn cute, too. I'll get a picture up soon as I'm able. Julie will be in the hospital probably thru Tuesday and home Wednesday morning. What an adventure it's been, and I'm sure it's only the beginning!

Jeff

Awesome news Jeff!! Were you able to hold him I hope?, that must be rough having him away like that.

But don't worry, my sisters child was born 2 months preemie with a hole in his heart, and 1 lung not fully formed. He is now 16 and on the track team.. so I imagine little William will be lifting longbox's in no time!

Take care of yourself these coming weeks Jeff, it is easy to get run down.

Ze-

That's great news Jeff! I am extremely happy for the both of you. I will look forward to seeing a picture, and having you get so tired, that I can talk you out of some of your Actions cheap. stooges.gif

That's great news Jeff! I am extremely happy for the both of you. I will look forward to seeing a picture, and having you get so tired, that I can talk you out of some of your Actions cheap. stooges.gif

I wonder if I can do that with some of his JLA's 893scratchchin-thumb.gif