• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHICAGO Con

278 posts in this topic

3 months away, and I have to admit I am pretty excited about making the trip yay.gif

Who else is going? Can we get ideas from native Chicagoans what is near the convention center? Any good Greek establishments for dining and boozing?

Looking to buy losts of funny books, eat, drink and be merry for 3 days headbang.gifheadbang.gif

Most of the good Greek places are downtown, which isn't close to the con. The show is actually in Rosemont, which is about 30 minutes or so from The Loop in non-rush hour traffic. However, one of the best Italian Beef places and one of the best hot dog places are not far from the con.

I am hoping to make the con for a day or two, so hopefully some people can go out to lunch one of the days.

Portillos?? I will be at the show. Easily my favorite Comic show of the year.

hello all...

I should be there, hanging with the geeks at Bedrock City's booth, when I am not rambling about....

hope to visit the centaurman's collection, while in Chicago (maybe I can bum a ride there with October, since I won't have any wheels)

rick

Only if you promise to bring some of your own killer books! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I suspect that you have seen every book I have (either in your collection or in Win's) but if there are any books I might have that you want to see, you only need to say the word!

thanks

rick

hello all...

I should be there, hanging with the geeks at Bedrock City's booth, when I am not rambling about....

hope to visit the centaurman's collection, while in Chicago (maybe I can bum a ride there with October, since I won't have any wheels)

rick

Only if you promise to bring some of your own killer books! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I suspect that you have seen every book I have (either in your collection or in Win's) but if there are any books I might have that you want to see, you only need to say the word!

thanks

rick

Nice! I will let you know before the con. You are getting new books at an extremely fast rate, so there will be plenty I would like to see I am sure. Tec 27 for starters! Never seen that one in person. blush.gif

3 months away, and I have to admit I am pretty excited about making the trip yay.gif

Who else is going? Can we get ideas from native Chicagoans what is near the convention center? Any good Greek establishments for dining and boozing?

Looking to buy losts of funny books, eat, drink and be merry for 3 days headbang.gifheadbang.gif

We can make MK pay for lunch AND the cab fare over to Greektown yay.gif

In, of course.

yay.gif Forum dinner to be held Saturday, August 11, 2007, at Gibsons in Rosemont. Best event of the year - more information wil be forthcoming.

You know you're coming, if only to geek out at Centaurman's books. yay.gif

Great choice! Gibson's can't be beat! Their "Large Surf and Turf" really lives up to the name....and the price! ($100 ++ ) yay.gif

We can make MK pay for lunch AND the cab fare over to Greektown yay.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

More casual is Giordano's for Pizza.

Giordano's cloud9.gif

1792309-Giordano%5C%27s.JPG

I'm sorry--I don't know what the hell that is, but it aint pizza.

On a serious not, I am going to miss this show. Had a blast last year--far and away one of the best con experiences I've had in 30 years of collecting.

Giordano's cloud9.gif

It's called Stuffed Pizza or Deep Dish Pizza....Chicago Style...to some it's the ONLY style.

Of course there are all those east coasters who think Pizza should be as thin as a sheet of paper...I don't know what the hell that is, but it ain't pizza. poke2.gif

Chris

I can't wait either!! It is the highlight of my summer. I will be in attendance accompanied by numerous geeks from as far north as Minnesota!

Giordano's cloud9.gif

I'm sorry--I don't know what the hell that is, but it ain't pizza.

On a serious not, I am going to miss this show. Had a blast last year--far and away one of the best con experiences I've had in 30 years of collecting.

Not to pile on, but Paul is correct. Yes it has crust, sauce and cheese. But it appears as if the guy making it was stoned, and made it backwards and put the sauce on top. Not to mention made the crust out of pastry dough.(it's too sweet)

foreheadslap.gif

It isn't bad per say, but it ain't PIZZA.

sumo.gif

Giordano's cloud9.gif

It's called Stuffed Pizza or Deep Dish Pizza....Chicago Style...to some it's the ONLY style.

Of course there are all those east coasters who think Pizza should be as thin as a sheet of paper...I don't know what the hell that is, but it ain't pizza. poke2.gif

Chris

East Coast pizza rocks sumo.gif

I can't wait either!! It is the highlight of my summer. I will be in attendance accompanied by numerous geeks from as far north as Minnesota!

huh?...minnesota is just a jump, skip and hop away from C town...how about us coming all the way from Florida...huh?...we don't deserve a mention?...geezsh

poke2.gif

gator

huh?...minnesota is just a jump, skip and hop away from C town...how about us coming all the way from Florida...huh?...we don't deserve a mention?...geezsh

poke2.gif

gator

I meant far away from US! You, Billy, me, Matt, Steve, Chris, John and Richard all hail from the South. It is Russ and Jim that I was referring to.

flowerred.gif