• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder #5 Tuesday

31 posts in this topic

Well, maybe I'm the last on board here, but I was reading Midtown Comics list of what's coming out and All-Star Batman #5 is coming out this Tuesday. When I got back into comic collecting a year or so ago, this was one of the first modern comics I went after- I mean, Jim Lee and Frank Miller, c'mon! And while I came to realize many people didn't particularly like it much (or at least in my area), I really enjoyed the new spin on the old stuff- and Lee does a great Batman.

So, I was happy to see #5 is finally coming out. For all the people who did like the mini-series, I can't imagine waiting 2-2 1/2 years for the next issue in a series. Ugh!

http://www.midtowncomics.com/eshop/productdetail.asp?hitby=buzzscope&PRID=815982

Jim Lee does a great batman, but he does a better wolverine...I wouldn't spend the 5 figures to own a hush cover like some of these crazy guys do,but i probably would for his older x-men stuff.

Yeah- the Hush series. While I don't collect much from the modern era, this one was amazing. I'm still waiting to snag up a copy og 609 and 610- I've managed to get all my copies for cover price or less, so I'm waiting to see if I can do it with the final two :-D

It should be interesting though to see if they're going to add in some new material as the series move along, or if they will continue to rehash the old stuff (again, not that they did a bad job with it).

Give me a few more years, and I'll tell you about the OA that I've purchased. As of now, a little too rich for my blood wink.gif

I loved the Hush series, I have almost finished getting the complete series in 9.8 or higher:

http://www.ffcomics.com/chris_batman.html

I would also love to own art from the HUSH series, but almost all pages with Batman, they want $1,500+ for, which is way past my limit for a regular panel page.

I am very happy issue 5 is coming out next week of All Star Batman, I will re-read the series tomorrow to catch up.....how long has it been..1 year?

Albert Moy just put up the original art from issue 1 of All-Star today: Link

Deep pockets only 893whatthe.gif

I've also been enjoying the series. The one panel people use to say how horrible the series is:

goddamn_batman.gif

I just find it bloody hilarious! It's Frank saying "I don't care, I'm making myself laugh." Delays are really killing the book, and I can also see how the weird humor and pacing makes the book much less accessible than AS Supes.

-Bob

But you know what? I'll still by stopping by the store Tuesday to pick up a copy. What can you do?

And no kidding about deep pockets, eh? I'd almost rather take those extra thousands and grab up a couple nice key issues instead of buying some new OA. That's just me though...

Is this the issue where they finally get out of the flying Batmobile? confused-smiley-013.gif

Book sucks. Even worse than DK2. How long has it been since the last issue came out? Why even bother?

Is this the issue where they finally get out of the flying Batmobile? confused-smiley-013.gif

Book sucks. Even worse than DK2. How long has it been since the last issue came out? Why even bother?

This is the issue where Grayson asks the tall thin British guy, "Who are you?" and he responds, "Who the hell do you think I am. I'm the butler."

This is the issue where Grayson asks the tall thin British guy, "Who are you?" and he responds, "Who the hell do you think I am. I'm the butler."

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

This series is just awful and no one at DC will tell Frank Miller his new scripts suck just because he's the Frank Miller. Shame.

Well, call me a sucker then. I'm still looking forward to it even if there ARE a few lines here and there are forced and come across as cliched. But then again, don't all comics commit that crime at some point?-)

Well, call me a sucker then. I'm still looking forward to it even if there ARE a few lines here and there are forced and come across as cliched. But then again, don't all comics commit that crime at some point?-)

Bronze Marvels are cliched. All-Star Batman is unreadable.

Midtown Comics' newsletter said almost 2.5 years! That's crazy, huh? Better be a good issue! smile.gif

Midtown's newsletter must have been mistaken. It's been exactly 364 days since issue 4 was released. Must've been referring to issue 1's release date.